Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lunababymoonchild

Your Book Activity - May 2022

Recommended Posts

On 4/30/2022 at 7:02 AM, lunababymoonchild said:

Currently reading King Rat, China Miéville

How did Dark Waters turn out for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, muggle not said:

How did Dark Waters turn out for you?


I enjoyed it but I enjoyed her Winternight trilogy much better. Have you read these, Muggle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:


I enjoyed it but I enjoyed her Winternight trilogy much better. Have you read these, Muggle?

Yes, I have read all of Arden's books except book 4 of this series. The Winternight Trilogy was by far her best books. I think it will be tough for her to achieve the same level in future writings, but I may be wrong. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, muggle not said:

Yes, I have read all of Arden's books except book 4 of this series. The Winternight Trilogy was by far her best books. I think it will be tough for her to achieve the same level in future writings, but I may be wrong. :)


I agree but hope, since she has the ability, that she will write something as good as the Winternight trilogy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently reading Little Sister by Raymond Chandler. The book is starting out very good. The prose in this book is outstanding. this will be the 5th book of Chandler's that I have read and I continue to be impressed by his writing. One of the excellent writers of the Century. I will be sad when I finish reading all his books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished Time Pears' The Horseman a few days ago for one of my book groups - excellent. Will definitely read the other two in the 'West Country Trilogy'.  5 out of 6 stars.

Now moved on to The Odyssey as a precursor to having a go at Ulysses, a book I've always intended to have a go at, but never got around to. As it's the 100th anniversary.....!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a few months of at best, sluggish reading, I sped through William Boyd's Brazzaville Beach. I first read the book many years ago (20+?), and many aspects of it has stayed with me over the years. I got so much enjoyment from reading it again. So hard to describe, but an excellent read. 

 

On the back of such a successful re read, I have decided to start Anthony Burgess' Earthly Powers. Another book that left its mark on me many years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2022 at 8:29 PM, Chrissy said:

After a few months of at best, sluggish reading, I sped through William Boyd's Brazzaville Beach. I first read the book many years ago (20+?), and many aspects of it has stayed with me over the years. I got so much enjoyment from reading it again. So hard to describe, but an excellent read. 

 

On the back of such a successful re read, I have decided to start Anthony Burgess' Earthly Powers. Another book that left its mark on me many years ago. 

 

So happy you've got your reading mojo back, Chrissy :yahoo::flowers2:

I've been enjoying books set on the Home Front during WW2. Perhaps it's the courage, humour and resilience of people being constantly bombed and putting up with so many deprivations that's somehow comforting and reassuring, especially with how things are in the world at present.

 

Just finished Spam Tomorrow by Verily Anderson, and now reading Nothing to Report by Carola Oman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×