Suzanne

Enid Blyton and what was the first Enid Blyton books you read etc

Totally grew up with Enid Blyton, read right into my teens when I should have been reading different books.

Noddy was the first Enid Blyton book I remember reading

Yes I remember reading the Noddy books as well, then some of the "Adventure" series, and then the Famous Five, St Clare's series (set in a girls' boarding school) and probably others I've forgotten.

The Secret Seven series for me - although I can't remember which ones. I don't know why I skipped the Famous Five!

and Mr Twiddle.

Edited by Bel-ami

I am sure I read a couple of Noddys, but it did not make an impression. I am sure it was on the telly. Later on I got seriously into The Famous Five.

My older brother was frightened of Noddy!  I seem to remember reading a collection of her stories but moved on to the Famous Five quickly though my preference was for pony books.

Noddy was my first Enid Blyton books, but it was the St Clare’s series that I devoured!

I guess Noddy was the first Enid Blyton I read ( it was banned here from libraries in the 70's because Noddy and Big Ears slept in the same bed (shock horror, they could have been homosexual!) and the Golliwogs were always the baddies).

Later on I loved The Famous Five but wasn't so keen on the Secret Seven (can't remember why now).

I worked my way through a lot of Enid Blighton's books.

Like many, I started with Noddy, and then moved on to such series asThe Famous Five and The Secret Seven, The Five Finder-Outers (and dog), Malory Towers and St Clares,