Athena

Read-a-thons 2022

Hi everyone!

I'm posting the read-a-thon schedule for 2022. This is preliminary and can still be changed if/when requested.

For those not in the know, the BCF read-a-thon is something a few of us on here do. The aim is to spend some time reading during the days of the read-a-thon. You can read whatever book(s) you want.

The read-a-thon usually takes place during the first weekend (Friday-Saturday-Sunday) of each month (so it starts the first Friday of the month). As I said, the dates can still be moved, this is just the preliminary schedule based on the above rule of it being on the first weekend of the month.

[Month]: [Friday Date] [Saturday Date] [Sunday Date]

January: 07 08 09
February: 04 05 06
March: 04 05 06
April: 01 02 03
May: 06 07 08
June: 03 04 05
July: 01 02 03
August: 05 06 07
September: 02 03 04
October: 07 08 09
November: 04 05 06
December: 02 03 04

Has anybody been participating in this one? I started out with big plans and on Thursday and chose a book I thought I might be able to finish (A Very Murderous Christmas - I know it's a bit late but I did want to read it this year and decided there's no harm extending the festive spirit!), but I had a lot of changes to my work schedule on Friday and Saturday (which meant I ended up starting extra early and finishing late) so it didn't quite work out! I did still manage to read 4 of the stories (which is nearly half of the book) so I'm pretty happy with that. I think I can probably get one more in before the end of the day too :)

I keep forgetting about this, but I did read a few chapters of The Two Towers, last night.

I read a fair bit over the read-a-thon weekend and completed The Moneyless Man by Mark Boyle.