Need Book Suggestions

I’m a very picky reader, and I find it very hard to read books because I lose interest easily. Mainly because I haven’t found many books that fit my interest and I don’t know where to begin my search. My dream books would be a book that isn’t cliche or boring, and something that feels classic and deep. Imagine the feeling you get when you watch an Audrey Hepburn romance movie from the 50s, if I could find a book like that, something romantic but in a deep and elegant way, I’d enjoy it. I don’t really enjoy modern stories that much but can barely keep my eyes open for a book like the scarlet letter. If anyone has any suggestions I’d be most thankful. 

• 5 months later...

Once Upon A River by Diane Setterfield. The prose in this book is like poetry. It takes a bit to get going, but stick with it, it's definitely worth it.

17 hours ago, jjacks1 said:

Once Upon A River by Diane Setterfield. The prose in this book is like poetry. It takes a bit to get going, but stick with it, it's definitely worth it.

I second this recommendation but you should know that it has some magical realism elements.

I'd add The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry (very beautifully written) and maybe The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Steadman. Although the latter is very sad!

22 hours ago, Hayley said:

I second this recommendation but you should know that it has some magical realism elements.

I'd add The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry (very beautifully written) and maybe The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Steadman. Although the latter is very sad!

I will definitely check those out! I love sad! Need something different after Flesh Gothic - it's rather ick.