Marie H

Your Book Activity - November 2021

What are you reading in November?

Working my way through Peter Bunzl’s Cogheart - 68% so far.

I started to read Dark Waters by Katherine Arden and was about 2% into the book (and enjoying it) when one of my library holds became available. Th book that became available was Assassin's Quest (final book in the Farseer Trilogy) by Robin Hobb, so I put Dark Waters aside and am reading Assassin's Quest which is a large 759 page book (well over 800 pages on my kindle).

Edited by muggle not

I've been struggling to get into the books I am reading at the moment so I decided to try something else. I picked up Zonal Marking by Michael Cox which is about how football tactics have changed in Europe since the 90's and so far it has really grabbed my interest.

On 05/11/2021 at 9:20 AM, Brian. said:

I've been struggling to get into the books I am reading at the moment so I decided to try something else. I picked up Zonal Marking by Michael Cox which is about how football tactics have changed in Europe since the 90's and so far it has really grabbed my interest.

I'm sure my boyfriend was watching a video on this exact subject a few weeks ago. If you think the book is good I'll have to recommend it to him!

Reading mojo is lacking atm, so it’s hello to audiobooks - Rivers of London #8 False Value 26% listened, and I’m loving it. Another E-library audio I’m re-listening is Crooked Heart by Lissa Evans; another good story. Just 1 more hour to go! :)

Currently reading The Body by Stephen King.  Stephen King the way I like him, it's a short story by his standards at 200 pages long, and I'm only one chapter in and it's fabulous.  It's from the Four Seasons quartet.

Reading a Rick Riordan series - The Kane Chronicles. It suits my exceptionally sketchy reading mojo. 

Currently re-reading Mansfield Park in half hour bursts. Just finished The Fifth Problem by Michael Lewis and just started Five Red Herrings by Dorothy L Sayers.  

Just bought : 

Agnes Grey, Brontë, Anne

The Penguin Book of Exorcisms, Laycock, Joseph P.

A Hero of Our Time, Mikhail Lermonto Mikhail Lermontov

Zeno's Conscience, Svevo, Italo

The Mystery of Edwin Drood, Dickens, Charles

The Celibates Trilogy: Pierrette, The Vicar of Tours & The Black Sheep (The Two Brothers), Balzac, Honoré de

P`ere Goriot, Balzac, Honoré de

Alias Grace, Atwood, Margaret

Just using up a birthday gift certificate from February

Edited by lunababymoonchild

I made a start on The Godfather by Mario Puzo this morning. I've seen the movie many times so it will be interesting to see where the book and movie differ.

On 18/11/2021 at 6:37 PM, Brian. said:

I made a start on The Godfather by Mario Puzo this morning. I've seen the movie many times so it will be interesting to see where the book and movie differ.

One of my favourites and most often read. The movie producer finding Khartoum's head in his bed remains my favourite scene (I daresay that says a lot about me!)

Currently reading Agnes Grey, Anne Brontë

On 16/11/2021 at 5:57 PM, Barbs said:

Currently re-reading Mansfield Park in half hour bursts. Just finished The Fifth Problem by Michael Lewis and just started Five Red Herrings by Dorothy L Sayers.  

I do like a Dorothy L Sayers! :) Have you read many of her others?