Jump to content
Hayley

New Books Out in 2021

Recommended Posts

This thread was inspired by Athena's thread on the subject a couple of years ago :).

 

What books are coming out this year that you're excited about!?

 

I saw this in an email from Waterstones today and I definitely want to get it: The Haunting Season: Tales for Long Winter Nights, The Haunting Season by Bridget Collins, Natasha Pulley | Waterstones. The selection of authors sounds great and just look at the sprayed edges on the exclusive edition! :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was interested in Project Hail Mary, a sci-fi book by Andy Weir. I can't find it in any of the local bookshops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KEV67 said:

I was interested in Project Hail Mary, a sci-fi book by Andy Weir. I can't find it in any of the local bookshops.

 

It's available on Amazon and Waterstones but in hardback only. If you want a paperback I'm afraid you'll have to wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, KEV67 said:

I was interested in Project Hail Mary, a sci-fi book by Andy Weir. I can't find it in any of the local bookshops.

Did you try your library. I checked our library and they have 26 copies available for the kindle. Amazon also has it available in kindle format.

 

I see where Project Hail Mary is also under development as a movie starring Ryan Gosling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/07/2021 at 10:46 AM, lunababymoonchild said:

It's available on Amazon and Waterstones but in hardback only. If you want a paperback I'm afraid you'll have to wait.

 

Yes, this is so often the case (and why I'm waiting with buying, because I want a paperback and not a huge one). As someone who prefers paperbacks for most genres (I don't mind hardcovers for YA contemporary or children's contemporary nowadays as they tend to be on the medium size whereas hardcovers for ie. fantasy are often so huge for my small-ish hands to hold, and I'm always fighting with the dust jacket when the books are so huge, too), it can be frustrating sometimes to have to wait. Sometimes the wait is not too bad, only a few months (on occasion a simultenous release!). Other times, it's been 1 year and 6 months, and finally they bring out the paperback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Athena said:

 

Yes, this is so often the case (and why I'm waiting with buying, because I want a paperback and not a huge one). As someone who prefers paperbacks for most genres (I don't mind hardcovers for YA contemporary or children's contemporary nowadays as they tend to be on the medium size whereas hardcovers for ie. fantasy are often so huge for my small-ish hands to hold, and I'm always fighting with the dust jacket when the books are so huge, too), it can be frustrating sometimes to have to wait. Sometimes the wait is not too bad, only a few months (on occasion a simultenous release!). Other times, it's been 1 year and 6 months, and finally they bring out the paperback.


I find the wait frustrating too but I have so much to read the time passes quickly. Sometimes I just buy the hardback, but first I check the page count!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to Peter Schmeichel's autobiograhy, One, which is out at the end of September.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am looking forward to  :  Rainbow in the Dark: The Autobiography by Ronnie James Dio, Mick Wall (Editor), Wendy Dio (Foreword) on 27 July. A personal hero of mine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to Richard Osman’s The Man Who Died Twice (The Thursday Murder Club Book 2) in September 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×