New Books Out in 2021

Hayley

This thread was inspired by Athena's thread on the subject a couple of years ago :).

What books are coming out this year that you're excited about!?

I saw this in an email from Waterstones today and I definitely want to get it: The Haunting Season: Tales for Long Winter Nights, The Haunting Season by Bridget Collins, Natasha Pulley | Waterstones. The selection of authors sounds great and just look at the sprayed edges on the exclusive edition! :wub:

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, KEV67 said:

I was interested in Project Hail Mary, a sci-fi book by Andy Weir. I can't find it in any of the local bookshops.

Did you try your library. I checked our library and they have 26 copies available for the kindle. Amazon also has it available in kindle format.

I see where Project Hail Mary is also under development as a movie starring Ryan Gosling.

On 18/07/2021 at 10:46 AM, lunababymoonchild said:

It's available on Amazon and Waterstones but in hardback only. If you want a paperback I'm afraid you'll have to wait.

Yes, this is so often the case (and why I'm waiting with buying, because I want a paperback and not a huge one). As someone who prefers paperbacks for most genres (I don't mind hardcovers for YA contemporary or children's contemporary nowadays as they tend to be on the medium size whereas hardcovers for ie. fantasy are often so huge for my small-ish hands to hold, and I'm always fighting with the dust jacket when the books are so huge, too), it can be frustrating sometimes to have to wait. Sometimes the wait is not too bad, only a few months (on occasion a simultenous release!). Other times, it's been 1 year and 6 months, and finally they bring out the paperback.

23 hours ago, Athena said:

Yes, this is so often the case (and why I'm waiting with buying, because I want a paperback and not a huge one). As someone who prefers paperbacks for most genres (I don't mind hardcovers for YA contemporary or children's contemporary nowadays as they tend to be on the medium size whereas hardcovers for ie. fantasy are often so huge for my small-ish hands to hold, and I'm always fighting with the dust jacket when the books are so huge, too), it can be frustrating sometimes to have to wait. Sometimes the wait is not too bad, only a few months (on occasion a simultenous release!). Other times, it's been 1 year and 6 months, and finally they bring out the paperback.

I find the wait frustrating too but I have so much to read the time passes quickly. Sometimes I just buy the hardback, but first I check the page count!

• 2 months later...

I’ve just seen this, which is very exciting: https://www.waterstones.com/book/the-city-of-mist/carlos-ruiz-zafon/9781399600927?utm_source=wssignedspecialsffA260921&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=roundup&utm_content=JACKET

A new book short stories from the Cemetery of Forgotten Books universe by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. Although not new, there are some that haven’t been published in English before, so they’ll be new to me!