• Announcements

• Hayley

Downtime for Updates   01/26/2021

The forum is going to be offline while our new hosts backup and update the site. We'll be back soon and you can check our twitter (@bookclubforum) or the patreon page ( bookclubforum.co.uk is creating a book community | Patreon ) for updates.   See you all soon!  
Sign in to follow this  
stan_smith

Books like "Embers Rise" by Sophia Vixen

I received "Embers Rise" from Sophia Vixen as a gift. I like Harry Potter series and I hardly find something interesting so I was skeptical for this one. After I finally read it, I may say it is an excellent book. It has an absorbing story and the author definitely has a compelling style and very witty sense of humor. I searched for other books from this author but I did not find any. I hope there actually are some more. If someone knows any books that are similar to “Embers Rise” please share them here. Thanks!

Sounds like you might like Terry Pratchett's Tiffany Aching series (and possibly, by extension, his Discworld series of books).

Also, for a more contemporary take, you might want to take a look at Ben Aaronovitch's Rivers of London series.

Hello, Raven
And thanks for the response. I'll definitely give those a try. I've already read a book from Discworld series - Pyramids. Although it is interesting read I find Vixen's sense of humor wittier. I know that Pratchett is a famous name but I felt kinda lost in the storyline while reading it. Thanks again, I hope more people will share their opinion on the topic.

1 hour ago, stan_smith said:

Hello, Raven
And thanks for the response. I'll definitely give those a try. I've already read a book from Discworld series - Pyramids. Although it is interesting read I find Vixen's sense of humor wittier. I know that Pratchett is a famous name but I felt kinda lost in the storyline while reading it. Thanks again, I hope more people will share their opinion on the topic.

'lo!

It has been a number of years since I read it, but I would say Pyramids is typical of Pratchett's books, if I remember correctly it is a little more surreal than most of his other works.  I think you would find the Tiffany Aching books are more in line with what you are after.