Series advice

Hey, good morning

I would love to get some book recommendations (preferably a series and not a single) since I've just finished my current reading which was Gregg Hurwitz's Orphan X which I really liked.

I'm not looking for anything too specific, but something that hints mystery, action, a bit of romance never does bad, or whatever you think could fit.

Science fiction is off limits unfortunately.

Thank you!

Would fantasy be okay? Maybe Rivers of London or the Dresden Files (both have mystery, action and a little bit of romance in there). I’d always recommend Rivers of London. That also has more of a secret society type theme, which I think might be more like Orphan X (although I haven’t actually read Orphan X so basing that purely on the blurb!)

On 31.3.2021 at 9:30 PM, Hayley said:

Would fantasy be okay? Maybe Rivers of London or the Dresden Files (both have mystery, action and a little bit of romance in there). I’d always recommend Rivers of London. That also has more of a secret society type theme, which I think might be more like Orphan X (although I haven’t actually read Orphan X so basing that purely on the blurb!)

Hey, thanks for responding

I've read the summary but it says ghosts and I really don't get along with all the supernatural area. 

Years ago I read a globe trotting action series with historical artefacts/mysteries, special forces action, a tad of romance. The author is Carolyn McCray (https://www.fantasticfiction.com/m/carolyn-mccray/) and the series was called the Betrayed. It's a special forces Dan Brown style of story. In fact, if you haven't read the Dan Brown Robert Langdon books, I could recommend them as interesting easy reads.

The Hunger Games trilogy, by Suzanne Collins. Future set, action packed story with intrigue and star crossed loves etc. 

Jasper Fforde's,  Thursday Next series. Not science fiction, but speculative fiction, set in an alternate reality. 

11 hours ago, Tomer said:

I've read the summary but it says ghosts and I really don't get along with all the supernatural area

Ok, definitely ignore both of my previous recommendations if you don't like the supernatural!

I wonder whether Scott Westerfield's Uglies series would fit? It's been a long time since I read it but it's essentially set in a society where humans are engineered to fit their purpose. It follows a character who's started to question the system and isn't sure she wants to be changed.