Splintered Book Review

SPLINTERED

BY:A. G. HOWARD

(SPLINTERED SERIES)

GENRE:FICTION

CATEGORY:YOUNGS & ADULTS

SYNOPSIS:This stunning debut captures the grotesque madness of a mystical under-land, as well as a girl's pangs of first love and independence. Alyssa Gardner hears the whispers of bugs and flowers—precisely the affliction that landed her mother in a mental hospital years before.

Splintered by A. G. Howard is a kind of retelling though from my understanding of it, it's move of a reimagining of Alice in Wonderland here we follow Elissa Gardner and throughout her entire life has always heard the thoughts of bugs🐞 that she has kind of created her art around to get them to shut up it and she knows that because of this she will end up in kind of a metal ward the same way that her mother has after several years of her losing it and what they don't know is that she is related a long time ago to the original Alice in Wonderland.

Alice Liddell who is not a fictional character but had told her stories to Lewis Caroll that has created this entire world🌎 selling book📓now as she as her mother continues to kind of her mind and lose herself to her mental illness.She finds out that Alice's stories in wonderland are actually pretty much true just not entirely accurate is the best way that i can put it so in order to say both ger and mother's minds i guess is the best way to put it.She must dive back into wonderland and see what this curse is about that has caused them and other woman👧 in their families to kind of lose themselves to this cursed now for my thoughts.

So far i had high hopes going into this i looked up some review on it just to see and it's not so much a retelling as it is a darker reimagining of Alice in Wonderland and it's not close to Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland at all its closer to through the looking glass and that is from my own reviews and from my own personal experience with reading both Alice in Wonderland and Alice through the Looking Glass.

Alyssa doesn't like the fact that she look so much like her mother,so in a way to kind a fight against that she wears dreads,like she has like dread extensions.I guess that she has put in and it's a way for her to not other way you sad😔 little emo girl who doesn't really who is struggling through things but doesn't want to really cope with it for you to go ahead and look different from your mother then putting drugs in your hair.

I'm sorry thats just how it is and it's very like you can just dye your hair a different color🌈, chop it short,straighten it,i don't care you just don't use dreads.I also think that this kind of is a bit closer to Alice Madness Returns which is interesting to say because this is a lot darker but somehow i prefer that remaigining a bit more because i feel this is trying to be really close to the original like,but not kind of like uncanny valley situation and while it is enjoyable😁.Its still like just kind of like Jeb one of the love❤ interest in the book📓 is honestly gets on my nerves like I'm not gonna lie.

think he is controlling,he is borderline abusive,he's kind of manipulative in a lot of cases and i don't know if i can like,it's just like Elisa is like yeah I'm gonna choose him no matter what and it's like but,he's literally telling you to go against everything to try and save your mother because,you're in danger and like i understand that but,he's not very open to the idea of what you were doing in the first and let's not forget about the fact that he waited,that he like openly lied to her about why he didn't want her to go to London with her?because he was going with Taylor his girlfriend and that he openly lied about his feeling toward her.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Spoiler