• Announcements

• Hayley

Moving Day Coming Soon   01/11/2021

As many of you know, we've been looking at changing hosts for a while now. This will allow us to access the tech support we need for the site and should speed up the forum as well as ironing out a few issues we've been having recently.    We are now signed up to the new hosting plan and can go ahead with the move as soon as the new hosts have everything they need (which is currently being sorted!). The forum should not be offline for more than a day during the switch and hopefully it won't even take that long. I don't have an exact time or day for the move yet but this is an early warning to expect some downtime soon.   When we are offline, no matter how briefly, you can follow the forum twitter page (@bookclubforum) for updates.  
willoyd

Problem with editor

I've tried several times to insert a link into a post, using the link tool.  Every time I get  message saying 'unable to load content". Same if I try to edit links in my signature.  Any advice please?

Edited by willoyd

Hmm. Unable to load... is it a page within the forum that you’re linking to?

Yes, I'm trying to

(a) link from my new reading blog to a page on the old one

(b)  link from my signature to my new reading blog

(c) link from the first post on my reading blog to other posts within the same thread.

All three do the same thing.

I've just found the thread on Forum updates, and I think it's Athena who says that she can't embed links into her posts - is that the same issue?

Edited by willoyd

I've come across this as well and it applies to both forum and external links.

You cannot use your own text as a link, but if you paste a link into your post/signature it does work (it's not pretty, but you can update it again after the pending forum update/move).

10 hours ago, willoyd said:

All three do the same thing.

I've just found the thread on Forum updates, and I think it's Athena who says that she can't embed links into her posts - is that the same issue?

Yes, it is the same issue.

6 hours ago, Raven said:

You cannot use your own text as a link, but if you paste a link into your post/signature it does work (it's not pretty, but you can update it again after the pending forum update/move).

Yep, it should be fixed after the forum update/move. Good luck Hayley!

Yes, exactly as Raven and Athena said. The links will work if you paste them into the new thread, they just don’t look as neat as when they’re embedded. It’s a problem that developed when we bought the site back online from it’s backup. I’m still not really sure if it’s an issue in the code or just using an old version of the forum software, but either way Invision will be able to fix it for us.  
I’m just waiting for an email back about when we can go ahead with the move!