• Announcements

• Hayley

Moving Day Coming Soon   01/11/2021

As many of you know, we've been looking at changing hosts for a while now. This will allow us to access the tech support we need for the site and should speed up the forum as well as ironing out a few issues we've been having recently.    We are now signed up to the new hosting plan and can go ahead with the move as soon as the new hosts have everything they need (which is currently being sorted!). The forum should not be offline for more than a day during the switch and hopefully it won't even take that long. I don't have an exact time or day for the move yet but this is an early warning to expect some downtime soon.   When we are offline, no matter how briefly, you can follow the forum twitter page (@bookclubforum) for updates.  
Athena

The Last Film You Saw - 2021

This topic is for posting about any films you have recently watched.

P.S. No spoilers in this thread except in spoiler tags (like in the bookish threads).

And I'm kind of a bore because I haven't seen a film in some time. It is difficult for me to concentrate for that long a time, and films are only getting longer these days (in comparison to the 20th century when a lot of films were about 1h 30 mins). I struggle with much shorter times than that. Anyway.. feel free to post about any films you've seen or a film you plan to see etc.

These films I saw in 2020:

Johnny English Strikes Again

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Ready Player One (re-watch)

Spider-Man: Far From Home

Beverly Hills Cop
Beverly Hills Cop II

Beverly Hills Cop III

Airplane

Ocean's 8

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (re-watch)

Iron Sky: The Coming Race

Dirty Dancing (re-watch)

Edited by Athena

I watched The Da Vinci Code.

Easy viewing for sure, but was just what we needed at the time. 

Well one film I saw recently (I think I watched it in about mid-December) was a film I really should have seen by now (given I'm 47!!) and that was The Godfather! It was utterly brilliant and totally lives up to its reputation. Just need to watch part 2 and 3 now!

I've never seen the Godfather films either, but they say that part 2 is even better than the first one.

4 hours ago, Madeleine said:

I've never seen the Godfather films either, but they say that part 2 is even better than the first one.

Yes I've heard that too. I'm looking forward to it :)

On 1/1/2021 at 7:16 AM, Athena said:

These films I saw in 2020:

I watched 111 films in 2020 (I won't list them all!), but none so far this year.

Never did get around to that Lord of the Rings re-watch at Christmas...

I don't watch a lot of films but my niece was over a couple of days ago (it sounds weird saying you had someone over now doesn't it? Her and her mom are my 'bubble', if anybody's wondering) and she wanted to watch the new Baywatch film (mainly, I think, because she loves Dwayne Johnson). I think it might be the weirdest film I've ever seen.