Jump to content
Athena

Read-a-thons 2021

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Athena said:

 

I totally forgot but the December read-a-thon is originally scheduled for this weekend

 

I’ll be reading Ransom Riggs’ Library of Souls and there’s a good chance I’ll finish Silence too. 
 

14 hours ago, Athena said:

Srawberry Shortcake Murder

That sounds interesting! Intrigued by the connection between strawberry shortcake and murder :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I plan to read some tree-books manga, starting with the last two 19 & 20# of The Promises Neverland. 
 

Enjoy reading this weekend everyone 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/12/2021 at 12:40 PM, Marie H said:

Enjoy reading this weekend everyone 🙂

I hope you enjoyed your reading too Marie! :) 

 

20 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

I've been wrestling with Nietzsche all weekend. So I have not read a lot but I do feel as though I'm in a marathon of thinking loads! Does that count?

Yes I definitely think so :lol:. How much did you manage to get through? 
 

I actually didn’t get anywhere near as much reading done as I wanted. I didn’t pick up Silence at all! But it was for a good reason… which I’ll post about later :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hayley said:

Yes I definitely think so :lol:. How much did you manage to get through? 


I finished the book - it was only 117 pages long - but I think I finished with only a very broad understanding of what he was talking about. Still, it's more than I had when I started!

 

5 minutes ago, Hayley said:

I actually didn’t get anywhere near as much reading done as I wanted. I didn’t pick up Silence at all! But it was for a good reason… which I’ll post about later :) 


I never get anywhere near as much reading done as I want. Never. The price of addiction (since I get the jitters if I don't read enough it's definitely an addiction) imho. Can't wait to find out what held you back, hope it was something nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/12/2021 at 11:59 PM, Hayley said:

I’ll be reading Ransom Riggs’ Library of Souls and there’s a good chance I’ll finish Silence too.

 

I don't know if you got much reading done but I hope you enjoy(ed) these :).

 

On 03/12/2021 at 11:59 PM, Hayley said:

That sounds interesting! Intrigued by the connection between strawberry shortcake and murder :lol:

 

The series book titles are all like that. The first book was called Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder. The main character in this series is Hannah Swensen who owns a shop called The Cookie Jar. She loves baking cookies and sells them in her shop. In the first book, the victim is the milk delivery guy and he's found dead in his truck near Hannah's shop, and there's a ripped open bag of Hannah's chocolate chip cookies around the victim. In the second book, the victim in that book has a strawberry shortcake with him, that he was bringing to his wife, when he was murdered in his garage.

 

On 04/12/2021 at 1:40 PM, Marie H said:

I plan to read some tree-books manga, starting with the last two 19 & 20# of The Promises Neverland. 
 

Enjoy reading this weekend everyone 🙂

 

I hope you enjoyed reading the manga :)!

 

On 05/12/2021 at 3:52 PM, lunababymoonchild said:

I've been wrestling with Nietzsche all weekend. So I have not read a lot but I do feel as though I'm in a marathon of thinking loads! Does that count?

 

Yes, I'd say it definitely does!

 

On 06/12/2021 at 12:28 PM, Hayley said:

I actually didn’t get anywhere near as much reading done as I wanted. I didn’t pick up Silence at all! But it was for a good reason… which I’ll post about later :) 

 

I am curious now :).

 

On 06/12/2021 at 12:37 PM, lunababymoonchild said:

I finished the book - it was only 117 pages long - but I think I finished with only a very broad understanding of what he was talking about. Still, it's more than I had when I started!

 

Well done! It definitely sounds like the kind of book that you need some brain power for!

 

On 06/12/2021 at 12:37 PM, lunababymoonchild said:

I never get anywhere near as much reading done as I want. Never. The price of addiction (since I get the jitters if I don't read enough it's definitely an addiction) imho. Can't wait to find out what held you back, hope it was something nice.

 

I hope it was something nice too!

 

This past weekend I finished Strawberry Shortcake Murder and I finished The Book of Two Ways by Jodi Picoult. I started Sparkles by Louise Bagshawe on Sunday (which I'm reading with a friend and we read 50ish pages a day).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×