Athena

Read-a-thons 2021

The second weekend is fine for me too. Hopefully I’ve have actually sorted all my books out by then :lol:

I'm glad it's okay with both of you :)!

Good luck Hayley, with sorting out your books!

On 25/08/2021 at 4:50 AM, Athena said:

Good luck Hayley, with sorting out your books!

Thank you! I think I’ll need it :lol:

It's a bit early to mention the next weekend just yet, but while I'm here, I thought I'd mention that next weekend (10-11-12 September), so in 4-5 days (depending on your time zone etc), we have the September read-a-thon.

My plan for the September read-a-thon is to finish Botanical Folk Tales, read at least four chapters of Silence and start a new novel (probably the next Septimus Heap book, but I haven't 100% decided yet). I've had one of those 'everything that could go wrong...' weeks, so looking forward to excusing myself for a good few hours of reading now! (I've even put on my socks that say 'Go away, I'm reading' on the bottom :lol:)

So far I have finished Botanical Folk Tales, read three chapters of Silence and 100 pages of Queste (the Septimus Heap book mentioned above). Hoping to read some more of the latter later on but I'm happy with that already! :) 

Has anybody else been doing the read-a-thon this month? 

On 9/10/2021 at 3:14 PM, Hayley said:

My plan for the September read-a-thon is to finish Botanical Folk Tales, read at least four chapters of Silence and start a new novel (probably the next Septimus Heap book, but I haven't 100% decided yet). I've had one of those 'everything that could go wrong...' weeks, so looking forward to excusing myself for a good few hours of reading now! (I've even put on my socks that say 'Go away, I'm reading' on the bottom :lol:)

Your socks sound great :D.

14 hours ago, Hayley said:

So far I have finished Botanical Folk Tales, read three chapters of Silence and 100 pages of Queste (the Septimus Heap book mentioned above). Hoping to read some more of the latter later on but I'm happy with that already! :)

Well done :)!

13 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

Unfortunately not. I should have but have recently slowed down on my reading and enjoying that just for a change.

I'm glad you are enjoying yourself, that's the most important thing :).

14 hours ago, Hayley said:

Has anybody else been doing the read-a-thon this month? 

My reading:

Thursday

Ken Follett - Kingsbridge 4 or 0: The Evening and the Morning (read page 284 - 301)

Dana Simpson - Phoebe and her Unicorn 5: Unicorn Crossing (read page 1 - 105)

Friday

Ken Follett - Kingsbridge 4 or 0: The Evening and the Morning (read page 302- 331)

Ann M. Martin and Gabriela Epstein - The Babysitters Club Graphic Novels 9: Claudia and the New Girl (read page 1 - 165, finished)

Megan Wagner Lloyd and Michelle Mee Nutter - Allergic (read page 1 - 156)

Saturday

Ken Follett - Kingsbridge 4 or 0: The Evening and the Morning (read page 332- 351)

... nothing else. I spent the whole day with my parents. I wouldn't have read at all if it hadn't been for my buddy read and the pages I read in that each day.

Sunday

Ken Follett - Kingsbridge 4 or 0: The Evening and the Morning (read page 352- 391)

Megan Wagner Lloyd and Michelle Mee Nutter - Allergic (read page 157 - 239, finished)

Rachael Smith - Quarantine Comix (read page 1 - 212, finished)

Catana Chetwynd - In Love & Pajamas (read page 1 - 126, finished)

Allessandra Olanow - I Used to Have a Plan (read page 1 - 110, finished)

Rachel Lindsay - Rx (read page 1 - 252, finished)

Shira Spector - Red Rock Baby Candy (read page 1 - 62)

As you can see, Sunday (esp. in the later afternoon and early evening) was when I read the most and it was also the day I spent the most time reading (and when I felt most in the mood to read!). I was, unexpectedly, out all day on Saturday (and didn't bring my books with me).

I wasn’t planning to really take part but I ended up reading for a large chunk of Saturday and Sunday. I finished Why Buddhism is True and read a lot of two other books I’ve got on the go at the moment.

On 12/09/2021 at 3:54 PM, lunababymoonchild said:

I should have but have recently slowed down on my reading and enjoying that just for a change.

If that's what you're enjoying right now then that's definitely what you should keep doing! Nothing unfortunate about it :) 

10 hours ago, Athena said:

Well done :)!

Your socks sound great :D.

Thank you, to both :lol:. I do love the socks, they were a present from my sister, along with a pack of pencils that say things like 'I like big books' and 'I believe in tea and books' (which are both very true).

As you can see, Sunday (esp. in the later afternoon and early evening) was when I read the most and it was also the day I spent the most time reading

Wow, yes that was a lot of reading done on Sunday! Well done! I like the title 'I Used to Have a Plan' (although I haven't heard of the book before!)