• Announcements

• Hayley

Downtime for Updates   01/26/2021

The forum is going to be offline while our new hosts backup and update the site. We'll be back soon and you can check our twitter (@bookclubforum) or the patreon page ( bookclubforum.co.uk is creating a book community | Patreon ) for updates.   See you all soon!  
Athena

Read-a-thons 2021

Well I managed to surprise myself by reading the 800ish pages of Wicked Beyond Belief. I expected it to take me a few weeks but it filled my 4 day read-a-thon. Not the happiest of subjects to read about but utterly fascinating.

1 hour ago, Brian. said:

Well I managed to surprise myself by reading the 800ish pages of Wicked Beyond Belief. I expected it to take me a few weeks but it filled my 4 day read-a-thon. Not the happiest of subjects to read about but utterly fascinating.

Wow that was good! I saw the book pop up on goodreads and I can imagine it wasn’t easy to read, although, as you say, fascinating. 

I haven’t read yet today but I’m hoping to finish What Abigail Did That Summer tonight. I think I only have about 40 pages left. That will be two books finished for the read-a-thon and I’m very happy with that :) .

6 hours ago, Hayley said:

So... did you? :lol:

No.

20 hours ago, Hayley said:

Thank you! It was so delicious I had a second one :giggle2:.

Yum!

You read loads! I hope you enjoyed it :) 

I did, thank you :)!

15 hours ago, Brian. said:

Wow, that is amazing! I am glad it was a fascinating read.

14 hours ago, Hayley said:

I haven’t read yet today but I’m hoping to finish What Abigail Did That Summer tonight. I think I only have about 40 pages left. That will be two books finished for the read-a-thon and I’m very happy with that :) .

I hope you were able to finish What Abigail Did That Summer and that you had fun during this read-a-thon :).

My progress for Sunday and Monday:

Sunday

Thea Stilton - Thea Sisters 1: De drakencode (Il codice del drago) (re-read) (224 pages, illustrated children's book)

Christine Kliphuis (ill. Helen van Vliet) - De Ziekenboeg: Het Oor van Leonoor (re-read) (31 pages)

Christine Kliphuis (ill. Helen van Vliet) - De Ziekenboeg: De Kop van Jop (re-read) (31 pages)

Christine Kliphuis (ill. Helen van Vliet) - De Ziekenboeg Extra: De Epilepsie van Annemarie (re-read) (63 pages)

Christine Kliphuis (ill. Helen van Vliet) - De Ziekenboeg Extra: De ADHD van André (re-read) (I read 33 pages)

Monday

Christine Kliphuis (ill. Helen van Vliet) - De Ziekenboeg Extra: De ADHD van André (re-read) (I read 31 pages, finishing it)

Øyvind Torseter - Het Gat (Hullet) (39 pages) (picture book)

Stefan Verwey - Hoe open ik een boek (176 pages) (illustration/comic collection)

Various Authors - Strand! (393 pages) (mostly photos)

Thank you Hayley and Brian for participarting!

How was your weekend, Marie?

I hope you had a nice weekend, Raven :).

Edited by Athena

1 hour ago, Athena said:

I hope you had a nice weekend, Raven :).

It was okay; spent most of it listening to Classic FM's annual top 300 countdown whilst doing other stuff!

7 hours ago, Athena said:

I hope you were able to finish What Abigail Did That Summer and that you had fun during this read-a-thon :).

I did both :lol:

21 hours ago, Raven said:

No.

You read the forum though, which we all know is the main thing.

6 hours ago, Raven said:

listening to Classic FM's annual top 300 countdown whilst doing other stuff!

I didn't know this was a thing but now I want to know what people voted for so I'm finding it on catch up.

15 minutes ago, Hayley said:

You read the forum though, which we all know is the main thing.

Don't think that counts! (I also read some magazines as well!)

15 minutes ago, Hayley said:

I didn't know this was a thing but now I want to know what people voted for so I'm finding it on catch up.

You have 48 hours of music to listen too, if you work your way through the whole thing!

5 minutes ago, Raven said:

Don't think that counts! (I also read some magazines as well!)

Magazines definitely do count!

6 minutes ago, Raven said:

You have 48 hours of music to listen too, if you work your way through the whole thing!

I accidentally skipped a bit already. I blame the fact that it's organised by presenter. I thought I had the beginning but he just said it's number 259 and I definitely haven't had it on for that long! 

5 minutes ago, Hayley said:

I accidentally skipped a bit already. I blame the fact that it's organised by presenter. I thought I had the beginning but he just said it's number 259 and I definitely haven't had it on for that long! 

That puts you just over half way through the first day.  The theme from Close Encounters should be on soon, if I remember rightly.