Hello there! *Waves*

Katty

Hi Everyone! My name is Katherine (Katty) and I live in London, UK. :) I just turned 26 in September and I am so excited to have stumbled onto this site! 

A bit about me I suppose - As a child I was an avid bookworm although that never really followed me into adulthood until now and rediscovering my love for books although I am quite a slow reader. I mainly reading YA books but I am trying to get into historical & horror books (I like watching them so reading shouldn't be as hard, right?!) Big books scare me but one day I hope I will be able to get back into it! I have a very big TBR pile to go through and not enough time and my book buying habits is very bad at the moment. 

Anyways! I cannot wait to talk all things books with people on here and hello to you all ^_^

Hey Katty, welcome to BCF! I like reading YA books too. There are some YA horror and YA historical fiction books around, if you wanted to try one of those, to ease into the new genres (though I haven't read many of them myself, YA contemporary is currently my favourite out of all YA books. I read Sawkill Girls earlier this year, that is a YA horror I really enjoyed). There are lots of good adult horror and adult historical fiction around too. What kind of historical fiction would you like to try, like what kind of era(s) of history are you interested in? I don't read a lot of historical fiction myself (it's not my favourite genre, neither is horror), but there are some I have loved (and same with horror), though it does depend on what kind of era / time period you are interested in (unless the answer is all of them haha). Have fun on this forum :)!

Oh wow, so many of you lovely people replied! Thank you so much for the welcome ^_^ I have yet to do a tracker of sorts & to fully participate but That will be done asap! 

On 02/10/2020 at 11:52 AM, Marie H said:

Hello Katty, and :welcome: to the BCF. :)

Quite a lot of people here have big TBR book lists, and still buy new ones! :giggle2:

Had this problem this whole week! Kept wondering into random stores as well for books :') 

On 02/10/2020 at 3:43 PM, Athena said:

Hey Katty, welcome to BCF! I like reading YA books too. There are some YA horror and YA historical fiction books around, if you wanted to try one of those, to ease into the new genres (though I haven't read many of them myself, YA contemporary is currently my favourite out of all YA books. I read Sawkill Girls earlier this year, that is a YA horror I really enjoyed). There are lots of good adult horror and adult historical fiction around too. What kind of historical fiction would you like to try, like what kind of era(s) of history are you interested in? I don't read a lot of historical fiction myself (it's not my favourite genre, neither is horror), but there are some I have loved (and same with horror), though it does depend on what kind of era / time period you are interested in (unless the answer is all of them haha). Have fun on this forum :)!

Ooh, I didn't think of that as a possibility - that sounds amazing! Well in terms of historical fiction I was hoping to try and get into the white queen/princess books by Philippa Gregory after being obsessed with the TV Show! So I suppose that was like Tudor time ish era I believe - just find it so fascinating anything to do with royalty in the past. But thank you! :) 

On 02/10/2020 at 4:07 PM, Anna Faversham said:

:17:

Hi Katty, join the club - the club with a lot of people who probably can say the same as you - we have long tbr lists - I certainly have. During lockdown I made a little progress - I read two. And I love reading, I just don't get time. I do listen to books though.

Anna

I totally agree with the time! I didn't manage to be free during lockdown as my job thankfully never had any issues but I do wish I could get along with audio books! Maybe one day :) 

On 02/10/2020 at 5:13 PM, Lau_Lou said:

Hi and welcome, Katty :) 

Hello! Thank you :) 

On 03/10/2020 at 6:37 AM, itsmeagain said:

Welcome Katty. 

Historical fiction and big tomes tend to go together... must make it tough for you if wanting to avoid huge volumes. 😊

Thank you! :) I have noticed that actually! I am trying to read Lady of the Waters and Wolf Hall and whilst Lady of the Waters is not as big of a book the language is definitely a lot more complex! Which isn't bad because it is allowing me to expand my vocabulary. 

On 05/10/2020 at 8:00 PM, Hayley said:

Hi Katty, welcome to the forum! I think we all have that bad book buying habit here :giggle2:

Hi Hayley! Thank you so much :) haha, it's a good and bad habit XD 

Thank you so much again guys <3