• Announcements

• Hayley

Moving Day Coming Soon   01/11/2021

As many of you know, we've been looking at changing hosts for a while now. This will allow us to access the tech support we need for the site and should speed up the forum as well as ironing out a few issues we've been having recently.    We are now signed up to the new hosting plan and can go ahead with the move as soon as the new hosts have everything they need (which is currently being sorted!). The forum should not be offline for more than a day during the switch and hopefully it won't even take that long. I don't have an exact time or day for the move yet but this is an early warning to expect some downtime soon.   When we are offline, no matter how briefly, you can follow the forum twitter page (@bookclubforum) for updates.  
Sign in to follow this  
LindyLou

Your Favourite Book when a Child?

What books do you remember as a child, and did you have a Favourite?

For me it was Ballet Shoes, Noel Streatfeild, and the three aspiring Stage sisters Pauline, Petrova and Posy.

Lindy x

I absolutely loved the My Naughty Little Sister stories by Dorothy Edwards. 

We also had ladybird books for children.

Also a fan of Jacqueline Wilson. Wouldn't mind rereading those to be honest.  

Enid Blyton - Noddy when I was very young, then the Famous 5 and Adventure series, also Paddington, Nancy Drew, and The Secret Garden.

When I was very young (eight or nine) there was a picture book in my school library that was about mice (you know, the usual thing for kids picture books, they were dressed up as soldiers or something...), but I have no idea what it was called or even what the story was at this point.  I remember going to take it out again at one point and not being allowed too because I was the last person who had it out - although I'm sure it was weeks or even months before.  I'd like to know what it was, but I don't think there is a practical way of finding out what it was at this distance.

Past that, I read very little until I was sixteen, and I cannot think of anything that I would have deemed a favourite until much later.