Sonechka's September to December 2020 Reading Log

Sonechka

Hi everyone!! I realize most people tend to start these posts at the beginning of the year, but since I am a newcomer and am quite impatient, I figured I'd start one for the rest of this year. I hope that is okay and doesn't break any rules. I am quite behind on my reading goal for this year. My goal was 50 books and I am currently at around 25. I am hoping that documenting my reading here will help to motivate me reach my goal as I tend to enjoy discussing what I'm reading with others, and as an extremely shy introvert, that is not always an option in real life unfortunately. 

A little bit about my reading, I tend to buy books far faster than I read them therefore I am currently not buying any books and will try to stick to that until I read all (or at least, most of) what I currently own. My favorite genres are classics, literary fiction and I have recently gotten into romance (and of course the first thing I did was go on ebay and buy tons of used romance paperbacks, spending all my money on them). I am also trying to read more non-fiction. I read Crime and Punishment and Anna Karenina not too long ago and absolutely fell in love!! And so it is also a goal of mine to read all of Dostoyevsky's and Tolstoy's works (although I do not own all of Tolstoy's works so I can't see myself accomplishing that goal any time soon, at least not without breaking my no-buy). 

Anyway, I'm really glad I found this community and look forward to discussing books with you all! 

1 hour ago, Brian. said:

Hi Sonechka. Starting a reading log at any time of the year is fine and you can keep it running after the end of the year. Good luck with no book buying, it's a common problem with our members :D

Oh yes!! I just thought I would probably want to get a fresh start at the new year, as I am one of those people who makes lots of plans at the beginning of every year. I hope that's also okay!!

Yeah, I definitely am already finding it a bit difficult to not buy any books even though I've only been on this no-buy for about a month.

On 30/08/2020 at 3:54 PM, Sonechka said:

Oh yes!! I just thought I would probably want to get a fresh start at the new year, as I am one of those people who makes lots of plans at the beginning of every year. I hope that's also okay!!

That's absolutely fine too. I love starting a new reading log at the beginning of every year :).

If it makes you feel better about your reading goal, mine was 50 too and I've only read 16 so far!