• Announcements

• Hayley

Downtime for Updates   01/26/2021

The forum is going to be offline while our new hosts backup and update the site. We'll be back soon and you can check our twitter (@bookclubforum) or the patreon page ( bookclubforum.co.uk is creating a book community | Patreon ) for updates.   See you all soon!  
Marie H

Marie H's Book Log - ongoing

Reading update is Music in the Hills ( Dering Family #2) by D E Stevenson. At last, I’m enjoying this book, and the characters are better, and plenty to dryish humour.

Read 77% of  The Hanging Tree (Rivers of London #6) by Ben Aaronovitch. Also enjoying this one, but some rather slow in parts, with too much of the details re. police procedure, so it drags on, for me. 

Finished with Rivers of London Vol. 2: Night Witch (Rivers of London graphic novels #2). So now I know what is doing on when Grant, Nightingale et. al. are  talking about when are referring to The Russians. The story was good, and good to know more details about Varvara Sidarovna (the Night Witch from "Broken Homes"). 

My Audible use for 2020

138 hours, and the most listened month was in February. 

Reading stats for 2020

117 books, with 22,689 pages read.

On 01/01/2021 at 8:42 PM, Marie H said:

My Audible use for 2020

138 hours, and the most listened month was in February. 

Reading stats for 2020

117 books, with 22,689 pages read.

:clapping:

Happy reading in 2021 :readingtwo:!

Happy 2021 Marie, I hope your books and life in general are full of joy and happiness.

On 03/01/2021 at 6:18 AM, Athena said:

:clapping:

Happy reading in 2021 :readingtwo:!

On 03/01/2021 at 7:51 AM, Lau_Lou said:

Happy reading :)

On 03/01/2021 at 10:20 AM, Chrissy said:

Happy reading in 2021. :)

On 05/01/2021 at 1:59 PM, Brian. said:

Happy 2021 Marie, I hope your books and life in general are full of joy and happiness.

Sorry that it’s the end of January already, but thank everyone, and I hope you all have a good 2021, and happy reading.

Edited by Marie H
Typo

Read recently

The Girl in The Tower: (Winternight Trilogy #2) by Katherine Arden, which I really enjoyed the first half, but found the storyline(s) weren’t so good later on because 

Spoiler

I couldn’t get the ideas that Vasya’s brother and sister, both very religious people (especially her brother being a monk) living in medieval Russia, could cope with the concept of Vasya being a witch, though still be not evil.) 

Rivers of London, Volume 4: Detective Stories

(Rivers of London graphic novels #4. Hmm, not bad, but I found this graphic novel not as good as more volumes.

Currently reading  

Rivers of London: Cry Fox: Volume 5 (Rivers of London graphic novels #5). 

The Winter of the Witch (Winternight Trilogy #3) by Katherine Arden 

My reading mojo is in a lull.

It was doing well, then while reading Wendy Jones’ The World is a Wedding there was a sudden and rather gory description (at a funeral director in the 1920s) that I was horrified by it!

It just seemed to be gratuitous gore. Now I don’t want to go back to the book anymore. :unsure:

So, back to The Winter of the Witch (Winternight Trilogy #3) by Katherine Arden.