Edgar Wallace

I'm in the process of replacing a lot of books that were stored in an outside "den" and ruined when the roof collapsed! I lost a lot of Edgar Wallace titles, most of which I've replaced - but there is one the title of which I can't remember. It starts with an old convict drowning in a pool, which is believed thereafter to be haunted. Can anyone help?

I haven't read anything by Edgar Wallace myself, but Wikipedia lists a lot of his works, some of them with a synopsis if you click on them. Alternatively GoodReads lists his works and if you click of them they should give you a synopsis of what the book is about. Fantastic Fiction also lists his works with description. I tried googling it but it won't give me a book that sounds like it fits your description. So perhaps you could look at one of the links and see which books you already own that you know aren't the one you're missing, and then click on the remaining ones and see which one matches your description? I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but I haven't read anything by this author so this was the best I could do.