• Announcements

• Hayley

Summer Supporter Giveaway   08/31/2020

Going on a Summer Holiday (Sort Of...)     The summer giveaway for Patreon supporters is finally here and this time we're doing something a little bit different. I want supporters to tell me where you would go on holiday, if you could go anywhere. The winner will receive a bookish prize based on their answer!   Terms and conditions are as usual. Patreon supporters will be automatically entered into the giveaway and selected at random. As we're a little late this year the draw will be held on the second weekend of September. If you aren't currently a supporter but want to be involved in the giveaway you can sign up to support us here:   https://www.patreon.com/bookclubforum  
Athena

The Last Film You Saw - 2020

On 18/07/2020 at 2:07 PM, Marie H said:

I’m swithering to watch (or not) Parasite. Amazon Prime rental for £1.99 at the mo. 

Has anyone seen this yet?

Yes, I watched it at the cinema when it came out, it is superb in my opinion.

I'm currently wading  through "The Rise of Skywalker", not very involving really, and the dialogue is risible!  It has picked up a bit now, but is a bit of a slog.

2 hours ago, Madeleine said:

I'm currently wading  through "The Rise of Skywalker", not very involving really, and the dialogue is risible!  It has picked up a bit now, but is a bit of a slog.

The dialogue is cringe worthy! :lol:. And I found Rey was an infuriating character in this film. :10_confused:

Dreadful film, as was The Last Jedi.

I quite liked The Force Awakens; it reinvigorated the franchise after the kack-handed prequels, but the last two films just didn't hang together, either story wise or emotionally. 

I loved The Force Awakens, haven't seen The Last Jedi though, but I've heard it's not that good.

On 8/8/2020 at 12:38 PM, Madeleine said:

I loved The Force Awakens, haven't seen The Last Jedi though, but I've heard it's not that good.

The Rise of Skywalker must have been even more confusing, if you hadn't seen The Last Jedi!

GREEN BOOK, watched on DVD.  Apparently story inspired by a true friendship.  Very entertaining, funny and feel good to your toes!!

Partner is watching Species, so half watching that. Gotta love 80s/90s Sci-Fi cheese!

Mamma Mia! Here We go Again which was on TV on Bank Holiday Monday, it was OK, quite enjoyable and very light, and the scenery was gorgeous.

Watched A Quiet Place over the weekend, I did enjoy it but didn't find it in the least bit scary, although the suspense was done well, and it was well acted, the child actors were also excellent.  I did find it a bit derivative - it reminded me of the first Alien and Predator films - but was an enjoyable, old fashioned sort of film - not too gory, and the abrupt ending gave it the feel of an extended episode of say the X Files.  Haven't seen the sequel yet.

The worst bit was

Spoiler

the bit with the nail, as soon as I saw that nail I knew what was going to happen:o