What book should I read?

Hi, my name is Charlie, I'm 17 and live in the UK.

Currently, I have had some trouble finding well written young adult books to read. I finished a fabulous book series called The Final Empire, aka the Mistborn series. If you havn't read that already and want to give fantasy dystopian novels a go, I would really recommend it. Anyway I loved that book series, but then went on to read (or at least try to) the Red Queen series. I read the first 3 books slowly and have been 'reading' the final book for about 3 months now. 

Last week I decided to scrap this and bought a book called VOX by Christina  Dalcher. I am told it is similar to the Handmaid's tale so I am excited to start this book.

However I would like to have my eyes set on another book to pick up straight after, in hopes that I get back into reading more frequently. Could anyone help me with this? I am fairly well read so the difficulty of the language shouldn't be much of a problem. I have enjoyed reading dystopian young adult novels, and would like to keep doing so if possible. However, I am starting to see the same tropes come up over and over again so if you feel that you have books in other genres that I could read I would love to hear this as well. Saying this I havn't stuck only to distopian YA in the past, but it takes up the majority of my bookshelf. 

My favourite books are: 

Starters series by Lissa Price

Uglies series by Scott Westerfield 

Handmaid's tale by Margaret Atwood

Mistborn Seires by Brandon Sanderson

Wild Swans by Jung Chang

These are just the ones I can think of at the moment, but hopefully that gives you an idea of the sort of books I have read in the past.

Finally if anyone would like to recommend to me a book, even if it is completely different to the ones I have mentioned, then please do - I am always looking to expand the genres on my bookshelf

'lo! Welcome to the forum!

If you like dystopian books, have you read Nineteen Eighty-Four? (George Orwell).  It's about as dystopian as you can get and it is packed with some amazing ideas (both interesting and disturbing in equal measure).

On 3/21/2019 at 10:36 PM, Raven said:

'lo! Welcome to the forum!

If you like dystopian books, have you read Nineteen Eighty-Four? (George Orwell).  It's about as dystopian as you can get and it is packed with some amazing ideas (both interesting and disturbing in equal measure).

Hello, thank you for your welcome.

To answer your question, I tried to read it a few years ago, but never got passed the second or third chapter - maybe this is a book to pick up again.

Thank you for the suggestion,

Charlie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...