• Announcements

• Hayley

Summer Supporter Giveaway   08/31/2020

Going on a Summer Holiday (Sort Of...)     The summer giveaway for Patreon supporters is finally here and this time we're doing something a little bit different. I want supporters to tell me where you would go on holiday, if you could go anywhere. The winner will receive a bookish prize based on their answer!   Terms and conditions are as usual. Patreon supporters will be automatically entered into the giveaway and selected at random. As we're a little late this year the draw will be held on the second weekend of September. If you aren't currently a supporter but want to be involved in the giveaway you can sign up to support us here:   https://www.patreon.com/bookclubforum  
Sign in to follow this  
Hayley

First Line of the Book You're Reading

'History won't remember one of the most important meetings to ever occur.'

The Darkest Gate by SM Reine

I once participated in a twenty-three-day wilderness program in the mountains of Colorado.

Waking Up by Sam Harris

Baynard's Castle, London, England, November 1501

I am to wear white and green, as a Tudor princess. Really, I think of myself as the one and only Tudor princess, for my sister Mary is too young to do more than be brought in by her nurse at supper time, and taken out again. 

Three Sisters Three Queens 

by Philippa Gregory 

Edited by Lau_Lou

Apparently (at least, so she told me) it all happened because her best friend Keisha had to stay behind after school for hockey practise. 

Dinner For Two by Mike Gayle

The awning that hangs over the window is a tired yellow and white stripe and much of the paint has flaked off the sign above the door announcing that this is The Sunflower Cafe. 

Afternoon Tea At The Sunflower Cafe by Milly Johnson