Your Book Activity - November 2018

Brian.

Today I finished 'The Virgin's Lover' by Philippa Gregory and I really enjoyed it.  I love the double crossing and scheming that goes on in Philippa Gregory's historical novels! It brings historical textbooks to life.

Now I'm going to read 'The House of Cold Hill' by Peter James. My friend lent me this book, because she knows that I liked watching 'The Haunting of Hill House' and this looks similar.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:44 PM, dolly said:

Any fans of W.Somerset Maugham here?

The only book I've read of his (a very long time ago) is The Moon and Sixpence, loosely based on the artist Paul Gaugin. I can remember very much enjoying it at the time and have always meant to read more of his books.

18 hours ago, poppy said:

The only book I've read of his (a very long time ago) is The Moon and Sixpence, loosely based on the artist Paul Gaugin. I can remember very much enjoying it at the time and have always meant to read more of his books.

It’s actually the next Maugham book on my list. In a while, I will definitely share my views on it.

It’s magical, opening something new by your favourite author, isn’t it?

• Athena unpinned this topic
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:27 PM, dolly said:

It’s actually the next Maugham book on my list. In a while, I will definitely share my views on it.

It’s magical, opening something new by your favourite author, isn’t it?

It is! And what's great about this place, is being introduced to new authors you would never have discovered otherwise.