How many books have you read this year?

aromaannie

I've finished 107 books this year so far and I have another couple on the go at the moment.

Last year I think my total was around 124, so I think I'll most likely read more this year, but it's because I've added audio books to the mix this year..

I've finished 107 books this year so far and I have another couple on the go at the moment.

Last year I think my total was around 124, so I think I'll most likely read more this year, but it's because I've added audio books to the mix this year..

So does the 107 include the audio books?

So does the 107 include the audio books?

Yes it does. I think there have been about 15 or so audio books and the rest have been ordinary books. I listen to the audio books on my ipod while I'm out and about - dead handy!

now I'm worried! I'm sure I've read lots of books this year, i even remember what some of them were about, but i never keep count. i'd lose the piece of paper....wouldn't you?

I wouldn't know except I keep a book blog on here and write a review for each of the books I've read. I've been keeping a book review blog for just over 2 years now and it's great being able to look back at what I've read and seeing how I felt about the books at the time. Occasionally, if I re-read, my opinions might change...

well I'm not sure I'd really want to know; one of the advantages of having a lousy memory is that I can re-read a book that I've read quite recently and enjoy it all over again. (Also applys to stuff I've written which is even more worrying!) but thanks for the suggesstions, i'll have a look. anything to keep me organised.

I've read 46 so far (quite a few short books there), which is about 6 books ahead of where I was at this time last year. I guess I'll aim for 52, although I have some pretty long books coming up so I don't know if I'll make it.

I'm pretty pleased with 46 though. I've managed to knock a few off my TBR pile, but I know I've bought way more than 46 books this year so I'm really going backwards! :lol:

Guest fireball

Sadly I've read 65 odd books, normally I read more,! but I've cut back a bit. :D Can't think why. All I do know is I've a L O T TBR books not that very far from me as I write this, and telling me to get a move on.! Books! you really can't beat 'em. Thank God I'm :lol: Wouldn't have it any-other way.:D

I haven't actually kept track, but I know that it's been a slow year for me because of school. If I'm counting only non-school books, I've probably only read about 25 or so. If I count everything together, it's probably more like 45 or 50.

Also, do you have to finish a book for it to count?:lol:

Also, do you have to finish a book for it to count?:lol:
I suppose it depends on how much of it you've read - it's personal.

Myself, I don't count them unless I've finished them, although I'll occasionally review one I didn't finish but got pretty far through, if it's given me reason enough to be opinionated (usually if I'm REALLY hating it for a specific reason). It's rare, however, for me not to persevere to the end. It really takes a lot of hate and boredom to make me quit once I've started!