• Announcements

• Michelle

Important Announcement!   07/28/2018

Dear BCF members,   This forum has been running now for many years, and over that time we have seen many changes. Generalised forums are nowhere near as popular as they once were, and they have been very much taken over by blogs, vlogs and social media discussions. Running a forum well takes money, and a lot of care and attention, as there is so much which goes on behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly.   With all of this in mind, and after discussion within the current moderator team, the decision has been made to close this forum in its current format. I know that this will disappoint a lot of our long term members, but I want to reassure you that it's not a decision which has been taken lightly.    The remaining moderator team have agreed that we do not want to lose everything which is special about our home, and so we are starting a brand new facebook group, so that people can stay in touch, and discussions can continue. We can use it for free and should be easier for us to run (it won't need to be updated or hosted). We know not everyone has FaceBook, but we hope that those of you who are interested will join the group. We will share the link, and send invites as soon as we are ready to go. Added: We may as well get this going, find us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195289821332924/   The forum will close to new registrations, but will remain open for some time, to allow people to collect up any information, reading lists etc they need to, and to ensure they have contact details for those they wish to stay in touch with.    The whole team feel sad to say goodbye, but we also feel that it's perhaps time and that it feels like the right choice. We hope we can stay in touch with all of you through our new FaceBook group.   I personally want to thank everyone who has helped me moderate the forum, both in the past and the present, and I also want to thank every single person who has visited, and shared their love of books.. I'm so proud of everything we've achieved, and the home we built.   Please visit the new section in the Lounge section to discuss this further, ask questions etc.
Little Pixie

Little Pixie`s Bookshelf 2016

Secrets of Mariko - Elisabeth Bumiller       A journalist spends a year observing a `typical` Tokyo housewife, her husband, children and parents, all living in the same house. Engrossing. :)

Something New - Lucy Knisley      Autobiographical cartoonist`s graphic memoir of events leading up to her DIY wedding. Delightful. :D

You`ve had a really productive year :D  ( and colouring books still count, right ?  :giggle2: ).

Haha :D! Thanks :). You too! 

Secrets of Mariko - Elisabeth Bumiller       A journalist spends a year observing a `typical` Tokyo housewife, her husband, children and parents, all living in the same house. Engrossing. :)

Something New - Lucy Knisley      Autobiographical cartoonist`s graphic memoir of events leading up to her DIY wedding. Delightful. :D

Those sound like two interesting books :). What's a DIY wedding? Is that when the couple do everything themselves, like cooking the food?

Those sound like two interesting books :). What's a DIY wedding? Is that when the couple do everything themselves, like cooking the food?

Exactly. She`s an artist, and even built the barn for the wedding venue ! You can see lots of her work here.  :)

It`s the third book of hers I`ve read ; I have a couple more in my TBR pile. 

Love The Thirteeth Tale by Diane Setterfield. Hope you enjoy it when you read it (which will probably be soon judging by your reading rate :o ). :smile:

Love The Thirteeth Tale by Diane Setterfield. Hope you enjoy it when you read it (which will probably be soon judging by your reading rate :o ). :smile:

:giggle2:

Thanks - I had it in my ` buy at some point` list for ages, thought I`d finally give it a go. :)

Congratulations on your book count!!

I hope your test turns out ok and that you're feeling better soon :)

Edited by Anna Begins

Congratulations on your book count!!

I hope your test turns out ok and that you're feeling better soon :)

Aw, thank you. :D

I`ve got a bit of a migraine atm - as opposed to feeling absolutely hideous with it - so I`m betting that`s a sign that my liver`s repairing itself. I`m going to have drinks at New Year ( I haven`t had alcohol for 2 and 1/2 years ) so that`ll be a test to see how things are !  :giggle2:

I hope your liver is repairing itself!

And that you have a great New Year's celebration :).

Any plans for New Year's? I hope your migraine is better now :(

Thanks :) -  I`m used to getting migraines now, so it`s good when I get a not-so-bad-as-usual one. :D

New Year  will be at home - we back onto the river and get a brilliant view of all the fireworks ( which Xiao-Xiao the cat really doesn`t appreciate :( ).

Are you up to anything exciting ? :)

Edited by Little Pixie

I hope your liver is repairing itself!

And that you have a great New Year's celebration :).

Thanks - you too ! :D  I think I enjoy New Year`s more than Xmas. Have you got any plans for a family celebration ? :)

New Year  will be at home - we back onto the river and get a brilliant view of all the fireworks ( which Xiao-Xiao the cat really doesn`t appreciate :( ).

Poor Xiao-Xiao :(. Our dogs don't like it at all either. People have been doing fireworks for a while now, but it's getting worse and worse towards the New Year. New Year's Eve is very hard for the dogs. I hope Xiao-Xiao will be allright.

Thanks - you too ! :D  I think I enjoy New Year`s more than Xmas. Have you got any plans for a family celebration ? :)

I think we'll have a little celebration around midnight :) (Michael, my parents and me). What about you?

Poor Xiao-Xiao :(. Our dogs don't like it at all either. People have been doing fireworks for a while now, but it's getting worse and worse towards the New Year. New Year's Eve is very hard for the dogs. I hope Xiao-Xiao will be allright.

I think we'll have a little celebration around midnight :) (Michael, my parents and me). What about you?

Thanks - we just get fireworks at Bonfire Night and New Year`s Eve ( oh, and there`s a Summer flower show as well, which has fireworks ) , so it could be worse for the little one.

I`ll be at home, with my father and Xiao-Xiao. :D

Thanks - we just get fireworks at Bonfire Night and New Year`s Eve ( oh, and there`s a Summer flower show as well, which has fireworks ) , so it could be worse for the little one.

I`ll be at home, with my father and Xiao-Xiao. :D

That's nice :). Here it's not really allowed to use fireworks outside of the designated dates, but teenagers do it anyway (at least, I think they're teenagers).

I hope you have a great celebration :). We'll be at home too.

I hope you have a nice Christmas too!

That's nice :). Here it's not really allowed to use fireworks outside of the designated dates, but teenagers do it anyway (at least, I think they're teenagers).

I hope you have a great celebration :). We'll be at home too.

I hope you have a nice Christmas too!

And you !  :grinhat:

And Merry Christmas to all on the Board.  :coolsnow:  :cold: