Jump to content
Athena

What cheered you up today?

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

Would I get a Naughty Point for giving the publisher a plug ? The books are available for US Kindle from $1.99 - $3.99, and are well worth the money, imo. :D

 

No, I think that is fine :).

It's awesome they gave you the books for free :o!

And it's nice you got to keep the omnibus :)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Athena said:

 

No, I think that is fine :).

It's awesome they gave you the books for free :o!

And it's nice you got to keep the omnibus :)!

 

It might be my best bookish happening ever. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's what cheered me up today:

- my boss was out of town, so less stress

- it's FRIDAY! :yahoo:

- recently rediscovered this song, which has been happily buzzing in my dead all day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Lau_Lou said:

My nephew was born on Monday evening. 

 

Congratulations!! That's awesome :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going shopping to get all my holiday stuff in the knowledge that it is only 2 weeks to go!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/06/2018 at 8:13 PM, Talisman said:

Going shopping to get all my holiday stuff in the knowledge that it is only 2 weeks to go!  

Sounds good! Enjoy :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a bit of a odd one but I managed to tick everything off of my to-do list for today without getting too distracted by the TV or YouTube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christmas Jumper today at work and seeing all the staff and clients really getting into it in their finery (including me) - that and the fact that it was (still is) Friday - oh, and coming home to my 2 lovely pussy cats.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had Xmas jumper day too, I couldn't find mine but there were some lovely ones, including Chewbacca (from Star Wars) with antlers which had flashing lights, and a human advent calendar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/03/2018 at 12:40 AM, Echo said:

Here's what cheered me up today:

- my boss was out of town, so less stress

- it's FRIDAY! :yahoo:

- recently rediscovered this song, which has been happily buzzing in my dead all day

Tune by Crash Test Dummies, is blocked in UK it said under the link 

The sentiment about the boss, is endorsed by me.🤣😂😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/05/2019 at 7:14 PM, yellowducky said:

I am getting the Sims 2 Soon and Getting my hair done and nail art :P so much fun

 

What kind of design / colours have you got on your nails? Nail art fascinates me, I think probably because I've always had super short nails. 

 

19 hours ago, Lau_Lou said:

I will have another nephew and he will be here to greet us at the beginning of October. 

 

Congratulations for impending new nephew! 

 

My cheer up yesterday (Thursday) was finding a pack of silver earring attachments that I had mislaid 3 months ago. A tiny packet, that had slipped in with an completely unrelated bag of bits! I hadn't realised how bugged I was about it until I found them. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Lau_Lou said:

I will have another nephew and he will be here to greet us at the beginning of October. 

 

That is amazing news :)!!

 

10 minutes ago, Chrissy said:

My cheer up yesterday (Thursday) was finding a pack of silver earring attachments that I had mislaid 3 months ago. A tiny packet, that had slipped in with an completely unrelated bag of bits! I hadn't realised how bugged I was about it until I found them. :D

 

What a great find!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a Serious Reader's light because the cheap one I was using (and couldn't set) broke. It cost a fortune but now I can read in peace with the light where I want it and as bright as I need it. Reading is the most important thing to me, I do have other hobbies but reading is my life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/06/2021 at 1:43 PM, lunababymoonchild said:

I bought a Serious Reader's light because the cheap one I was using (and couldn't set) broke. It cost a fortune but now I can read in peace with the light where I want it and as bright as I need it. Reading is the most important thing to me, I do have other hobbies but reading is my life. 

 

There are some things in life worth spending a chuck of money on, to get the right item for your needs. Being able to 'read in peace' is definitely worth it. :smile:

 

On Saturday I met my great-niece for the first time. She was born last year. She is delightful! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chrissy said:

 

There are some things in life worth spending a chuck of money on, to get the right item for your needs. Being able to 'read in peace' is definitely worth it. :smile:

 

On Saturday I met my great-niece for the first time. She was born last year. She is delightful! 

 

It certainly is.

 

Awww, I hope you get to see her more often now, they change so much in the first years!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/06/2021 at 1:43 PM, lunababymoonchild said:

bought a Serious Reader's light because the cheap one I was using (and couldn't set) broke. It cost a fortune but now I can read in peace

This absolutely sounds worth it! :lol:
 

7 hours ago, Chrissy said:

On Saturday I met my great-niece for the first time. She was born last year. She is delightful! 

Aww, I bet you couldn’t wait! 
 

I was cheered up today by my (old) neighbour giving me a table and chairs for my new garden! It’s in pieces at the moment so I’m excited to put it together tomorrow :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was cheered up today (enough to come and post again) by the fact that I now have internet again! :boogie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We drove up into the mountains today for lunch to celebrate my wife's Birthday. It is a 128 mile drive from our home to Blowing Rock, North Carolina. We had a wonderful day.

Blowing Rock is a village in western North Carolina on the scenic Blue Ridge Parkway. It’s named after The Blowing Rock, a formation with sweeping views of peaks, forests and the Johns River Gorge.

These are a few photos while we were there. The photo of the flowers and the statue of the little girl reading a book are in front of the towns beautiful little library. Please enlarge the photo of the little girl's statue as it is adorable.

 

 

IMG_2084.JPG

IMG_2089.JPG

 

 

IMG_2090.JPG

Edited by muggle not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/06/2021 at 2:53 PM, Chrissy said:

 

There are some things in life worth spending a chuck of money on, to get the right item for your needs. Being able to 'read in peace' is definitely worth it. :smile:

 

On Saturday I met my great-niece for the first time. She was born last year. She is delightful! 

Aww! I bet that was such a wonderful time meeting her. Hoping you can have lots of cuddles with her from now on. 😊

 

Those photos are beautiful, muggle not, and hope your wife had a lovely birthday :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×