Virginia

What's the weather like?

Rained pretty much all day yesterday, but sunny today, definitely a chill in the air though.

Brighter today, and dry, which is nice as we had a couple of absolutely torrential downpours yesterday.

114F, which is over 38C, I believe. Hopefully, that will be a bit more inland than we are.

Edit: it's 42C

Edited by Anna Begins

Muggy most of the day, started raining around 5.00 and rained for most of the rest of the day, drizzly this morning.

15C so cool enough and fresh. Totally overcast, it may well rain. We had weather warnings for rain over the weekend in 14 counties, heavy rain and flooding.

Very muggy at lunchtime, and trying to rain, bit brighter now but still quite clammy.

A bit cooler than it has been of late and cloudy - but still warm enough to wear my shorts to work!  

It was yuk here this morning rain, rain and more rain.  Its only September for goodness sake,

Rained heavily again last night, but dried up by this morning. Fairly bright out, lot of cloud though. I'm happy enough for it to rain at night because my flowers and plants need it!

I agree with you Nollaig the plants definitely needed the rain.  Its me that does not like it.

Today is very black but at least it is dry and fairly warm.

4 hours ago, shirley said:

I agree with you Nollaig the plants definitely needed the rain.  Its me that does not like it.

Today is very black but at least it is dry and fairly warm.

My poor plants are drowned now, can't win! :lol:

Looking at another hellish hurricane. Sigh. I've got family who have family in Puerto Rico and I've got family in Florida and family 1.5 hours away who are all in the path (so far). 

3 hours ago, Virginia said:

Looking at another hellish hurricane. Sigh. I've got family who have family in Puerto Rico and I've got family in Florida and family 1.5 hours away who are all in the path (so far). 

Fingers crossed that everyone will be safe, Virginia. :hug:It's been the lead on our news all day, and the news only gets worse, with more hurricanes in the vicinity. :(

11 hours ago, Virginia said:

I hope your family will be okay :(.

The hurricane seems to be sitting on top of my state. Florida and parts of Georgia are being evacuated. Its really surreal because we are in the process of going BACK to Texas to help move dd and her kids back here as its just too much stress with her hubby being all over the country for his work. We leave a possible Cat 5 hurricane and drive through areas with hurricane damage and then possible head right BACK into a hurricane. Actually, if it hits, we'll detour to my mom's place in Virginia. What a headache.

18 hours ago, Virginia said:

The hurricane seems to be sitting on top of my state. Florida and parts of Georgia are being evacuated. Its really surreal because we are in the process of going BACK to Texas to help move dd and her kids back here as its just too much stress with her hubby being all over the country for his work. We leave a possible Cat 5 hurricane and drive through areas with hurricane damage and then possible head right BACK into a hurricane. Actually, if it hits, we'll detour to my mom's place in Virginia. What a headache.

:( Hope you manage to avoid it if at all possible. Scary times over there!