Virginia

What's the weather like?

1 hour ago, Brian. said:

I checked the weather forecast from two different sources this morning with both saying no rain before 2pm. So I decided to grab my camera and do some wildlife photogrpahy this morning and promptly got absolutely soaked at 10:30 :D

Never go out without checking: Weather Radar - Live UK Rainfall Radar | Netweather!

7 hours ago, Brian. said:

I checked the weather forecast from two different sources this morning with both saying no rain before 2pm. So I decided to grab my camera and do some wildlife photogrpahy this morning and promptly got absolutely soaked at 10:30 :D

That is seriously unlucky. I suppose some animals do like the rain though. If we had a day where it rained loads my nan used to look out of the window and say 'it's nice weather for ducks!' :lol:

I am very disappointed by the temperature tonight. I thought the stuffy nights were over but it's still 18 degrees here with 91% humidity :(

10 hours ago, Hayley said:

That is seriously unlucky. I suppose some animals do like the rain though. If we had a day where it rained loads my nan used to look out of the window and say 'it's nice weather for ducks!' :lol:

I am very disappointed by the temperature tonight. I thought the stuffy nights were over but it's still 18 degrees here with 91% humidity :(

The birds I tend to photograph certainly aren’t bothered by the rain. I’m not particularly bothered by it but my wildlife lens isn’t really weather sealed. It’s fine for the odd shower but in a pour down I’m worried water will get inside and break it.

Today dawned as dull as dull, almost darkness in fact! Lazy raindrops spattering the ground for a few seconds;then inexplicably stopping again!

It was dull here for most of the weekend, kept coming over very threatening - thick clouds etc - but the rain held off. 

It is still very clammy at night, I agree.