What's the weather like?

Virginia

I'd usually adjudge myself to have been unlucky to have been rained on once when walking into/home from work in any given week.

This morning I was rained on for the 5th time in 7 days (and I've been rained on going home for three of those as well).

It's getting a little old now!

Looks like tomorrow will be dry, however...

Friday evening the sky looked positively apocalyptic, but apart from a bit of drizzle and a couple of flashes and  rumbles of thunder it eventually went away, Saturday was dry but when we went shopping we found that the storm hit that area quite badly, and Marks and Spencer's was closed all day due to flooding, the woman at the door said they'd only just opened the food hall and that was just after 4.00, so we didn't get our cup of tea in the café!  yesterday was also dry but started raining about 8.00 in the evening and rained most of the night.  Muggy and drizzly at the moment.

Overcast and hazy first thing, and we have enjoyed the rain on and off all day.

Love the sound of it on the trees, and the scent in the air, but I would love to sit in my garden with a mug of tea for half an hour some time. 

3 hours ago, Chrissy said:

Love the sound of it on the trees, and the scent in the air, but I would love to sit in my garden with a mug of tea for half an hour some time. 

Especially as you cannot chew anything at the moment!

Very heavy downpour here this evening, that lasted quite a while as there was hardly any wind to keep the clouds moving.

9 hours ago, Raven said:

Especially as you cannot chew anything at the moment!

Very heavy downpour here this evening, that lasted quite a while as there was hardly any wind to keep the clouds moving.

Yeah, it'll be a while before I am back gnawing on raw meat and shards of bone from my latest kill. :giggle2:

I have found myself feeling philosophical about this wet weather, but in a stating-of-the-bleeding-obvious kind of way. I find myself musing that a) it's watering the plants, b) it' will stop when the time comes and c) It won't rain forever. :roll:

Edited by Chrissy

We've had a lot of rain here too, but it’s winter so more expected. I love rain and bad weather. It's an excuse to hunker down with a good fire and because we live in one of the sunniest regions of NZ, it’s a nice change.

A cold front has just swept up the country and snow is down low on our surrounding mountains. All looking very glossy and meringue-like.

On 25/06/2021 at 4:40 PM, Raven said:

This morning I was rained on for the 5th time in 7 days (and I've been rained on going home for three of those as well).

Up to 6 in 9 now...

I think this is the most prolonged wet period I've had for quite a while now, although working from home for two days a week may mean I've avoided more than I otherwise would have...

Yes the gentle sound of rain pattering is lovely, when it rained the other day I stood in the doorway and listened to it as it was making that sort of shushing sound, but that was after the brief heatwave the other week so it was a welcome relief.  Getting a bit boring now, though I haven't had to water the plants since Friday, instead I'm deadheading all the flowers that the rain has spoilt.

Both Sat & Sun afternoons thunder, thankfully without the downpour, so the roses are still okay. I’m just waiting for a proper summer; haven’t seen much sunshine recently, and the temperatures are only in the low 20°Cs :10_confused: 

We escaped the worst of the weather - so far - it rained heavily around 4.00 on Sat morning, and again around 8.00 yesterday morning and last night, but apart from a half hour shower around mid day on Saturday (we were walking in it at the time, and then having lunch in a churchyard!) it hasn't been too bad.  Kept coming over very threatening but as it was quite windy yesterday it blew over.  I did have to dead head quite a few roses though, but nothing's been flattened so far.

Don't start me on weeds, I was literally pouring weed killer onto some of them - pointless just spraying - and they still don't die!  And some of them get revenge by stinging me as well:eek: 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it was a bit like that wasn't it over the weekend!  Spent most of the time in the shade.  Hopefully it will bring the tomatoes along, I have 5 green ones at the moment, normally they'd be covered in tomatoes at various stages of development.

Hot and humid here for the past few days. My garden triffids are like others mentioned,impervious to weed killers, so have to be forcibly ripped from the ground and ritually dismembered! I suffer occasionally from sciatica, and during an attack, am unable to crouch or stoop to do the job,so with weather like the recent heatwave, they have dominated my garden! But like others here, I will be triumphant. It just may take a while....

It's scorching here in Scotland. Has been for a while and will continue to be until the end of the week, apparently. We, my father and me, are staying inside and keeping my fair skin out of the direct sun, even though we've just been liberated, well to level 0 anyway. 

I don't enjoy the heat but here's hoping that it's not for much longer.

6 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

It's scorching here in Scotland. Has been for a while and will continue to be until the end of the week, apparently. We, my father and me, are staying inside and keeping my fair skin out of the direct sun...

Well, you are Scottish; if you've left your duffle coat off long enough for sunlight to touch your skin directly you probably have third-degree burns already!