• Announcements

• Hayley

Downtime for Updates   01/26/2021

The forum is going to be offline while our new hosts backup and update the site. We'll be back soon and you can check our twitter (@bookclubforum) or the patreon page ( bookclubforum.co.uk is creating a book community | Patreon ) for updates.   See you all soon!  
Virginia

What's the weather like?

It's as warm and sunny as summer today (21 Celsius) but the weather forecast says next week it's probably going to snow... 

Yes lovely here too, Easter meant to be cold though, typical.

Last week I walked into work wearing shorts and a t-shirt, today it was back to jeans and my winter coat.

On the way home this evening I found myself walking towards a wall of grey cloud, with wisps of white being blown across it.  I don't think I've ever seen snow falling ahead of me quite like that before, I've usually been in the middle of it, which is - of course - what happened in this case, about five minutes later. 

The thought of walking in the snow usually conjures a kind of Christmas card nostalgia, but the reality is far less pleasant - especially when you are walking into a strong northerly wind that makes the use of an umbrella impossible.  At least I was wearing my winter coat...

I'm not the only one finding the weather confusing though; when I got in there was a pigeon was sitting on the the fence in my back garden, looking very bewildered by the sudden change in conditions*.

Okay, so pigeons always look very bewildered, but that's not the point...

I was saying the same thing yesterday at work, this time last week I was in a T-shirt, now winter clothes although yesterday was a little bit warmer and I didn't need my anorak, just a fleece, admittedly with 2 layers of winter jumpers.  We had snow flurries on Monday but not since, but that wind is bitter!