Virginia

What's the weather like?

It's as warm and sunny as summer today (21 Celsius) but the weather forecast says next week it's probably going to snow... 

Yes lovely here too, Easter meant to be cold though, typical.

Last week I walked into work wearing shorts and a t-shirt, today it was back to jeans and my winter coat.

On the way home this evening I found myself walking towards a wall of grey cloud, with wisps of white being blown across it.  I don't think I've ever seen snow falling ahead of me quite like that before, I've usually been in the middle of it, which is - of course - what happened in this case, about five minutes later. 

The thought of walking in the snow usually conjures a kind of Christmas card nostalgia, but the reality is far less pleasant - especially when you are walking into a strong northerly wind that makes the use of an umbrella impossible.  At least I was wearing my winter coat...

I'm not the only one finding the weather confusing though; when I got in there was a pigeon was sitting on the the fence in my back garden, looking very bewildered by the sudden change in conditions*.

Okay, so pigeons always look very bewildered, but that's not the point...

I was saying the same thing yesterday at work, this time last week I was in a T-shirt, now winter clothes although yesterday was a little bit warmer and I didn't need my anorak, just a fleece, admittedly with 2 layers of winter jumpers.  We had snow flurries on Monday but not since, but that wind is bitter!

It was lovely and sunny at  the weekend, but still that cold wind.  Predictably, rain is forecast for later in the week, as the Bank Holiday draws near.

Did manage to go out for tea yesterday though, sat outside at the café in one of the local parks.

Edited by Madeleine

All gone a bit blowy out there, with lots of wet stuff hitting my window.

Glad I've got the day off tomorrow!

Same here, most of the Bank Hol weekend actually wasn't bad, tried to rain on Sat and Sunday but then gave up, and was sunny later in the day. Yesterday was the same but it started to get very windy around 5/6 in the evening and by the time I went to bed it was very windy and raining heavily.  Dry now but still very blowy!

My neighbours were sitting in their hot tub early yesterday evening; they didn't hang around long once the rain started!

Very mixed weather types today. Breezy, some heavy showers, and one loud rumble of thunder (strangely as it was still dry & bright). It doesn’t feel as May spring weather at all!

No it's more like April showers isn't it?  Yesterday started out sunny but with a cold wind, then it rained most of the afternoon, with a few sunny bits in between, and got really cold in the evening.  Sunny and cold again so far today.