• Announcements

• Hayley

Late Autumn Supporter Giveaway   11/27/2020

I know that winter is well on the way, but I'm sneaking the autumn giveaway in here, right at the end of the season...     I thought this giveaway seemed particularly appropriate for this year: Dear Reader: The Comfort and Joy of Books by Cathy Rentzenbrink.  I'm sure some of you will have heard of this book. It came out in September and has had brilliant reviews. It's been described as a love letter to reading and I think all of us have truly appreciated 'the comfort and joy of books' this year.  It is also a really beautiful hardback. Please excuse my picture-taking skills, it's really hard to get a good picture of something that's shiny!   As always, patreon supporters will be automatically entered into the draw. If you're not a supporter but you'd like to join our patreon you can do so here:  bookclubforum.co.uk is creating a book community | Patreon
Virginia

What's the weather like?

11 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Very windy, lots of rain yesterday! Mild though.

Same in Shropshire, and the temperature went ridiculously mild, the highest of the day being 15°C at 10pm!

Bizarre weather here too - 12 Celsius overnight, then the temperature dropping to 7 during the day.

Nice and mild outside of my south-facing bedroom window; artic cold outside of my north-facing kitchen window!

Also, just seen a giant cloud that looked like an Imperial Star Destroyer.

The joys of working from home...

It bucketed it down with rain this morning and during the afternoon glorious but chilly sunshine.

Started out frosty, with mist and beautiful skies, and now it's drizzly and grey.

Hello wintry weather - I have slipper boots to defeat you this year! 

A sign of how mild it's been - I just noticed that there were some daisies growing again, in the grass! 

We finally have the first real frost of  the winter, lovely and sunny though.

It's pretty cold in Bedfordshire and still very foggy at the moment.

We had thick frost yesterday - killed off my remaining busy lizzies!  But it has been mild lately, and was much milder today,

Second day of dreich weather - dull, damp and cold. Depressing weather :cry:

(Surprise to see a Redwing in the garden today, and haven’t seen any for years. They are only around during bad winter weather.)

We had some  redwings in the garden a few years ago, haven't seen them since but apparently they are regular winer visitors here.

Yesterday was very grey and drizzly, today so far is cold but bright and sunny.

Here it's cold and grey and rainy. About an hour ago we had some heavy rain. I guess winter is coming.