Anna Begins

Literary Crushes

From Aragorn to Heathcliff, people are weighing in on Twitter's bookadayuk, they are asking this question today:  Who is your literary crush?  I'm curious what we would say :smile:

I don't have any literary crushes (or any crushes in general). But it'll be interesting to hear what people say. Some characters from certain young-adult books seem popular, under young adults.

Lol, I have one in almost every book I read. Well, almost, since the boys in the book I am currently reading are way under my age :) lololol

One of my biggest crush is Jean-Claude from Laurell K. Hamilton's books: Anita Blake Series

I don't know if "crush" is quite the right word, but I really liked Emma Morley in David Nicholls's One Day.

I don't think I've ever read a more well drawn character and I kept reading the book just to find out more about her.  There was an honesty and straight-forwardness to her character that I've not come across in any other book and she seemed more real to me than any other character I've ever read (in contemporary fiction).

Ann Hathaway was so not the right person to play this character (to the point where I've refused to watch the film).

Stu Redman from The Stand. :wub:

You'll have to fight me for him - I've been having a love affair with him for 22 years. ;)

Maybe we could come to some kind of arrangement between us. I'm certain we'd be able to keep Stu happier than Frannie. ;)

After Trainspotting, I have a big crush on Mark Renton, but I have a thing for destructive men :P

On the flip side, Jack Reacher has been my crush for about 3 years now.  :wub:

He's such an underappreciated fella :wub:

I agree. He's not a bad guy. He's just not all that friendly with everyone. 

lol ^^^

Where are Steve and Laura?  They've gotta have some neat ones.  Athena?  Any fantasy ones?

lol ^^^

Where are Steve and Laura?  They've gotta have some neat ones.  Athena?  Any fantasy ones?

I don't really have any crushes :shrug:. Just like I don't particularly fancy any movie stars or anything. For me the personality of someone is very important and how they treat me and act towards me, and other people, so I don't really get crushes on actors nor on literary characters. I will agree that some are good looking or seem very friendly, but I don't have any crushes. Sorry to be so boring!

Sorry to be so boring!

:giggle2: I was just wondering about all those beautiful characters in all those fantasy books I hear so much about!

My ultimate literary crush is definitely Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables. I've had a huge crush on him since the very first time I read the series back when I was in my early to mid-teens. My crush only got worse after watching the 1985 adaptation; Jonathan Crombie will always, and forever, be Gilbert Blythe.