Sign in to follow this  
Michelle

Gutenberg's Apprentice Competition (UK) [Closed]

“An enthralling literary debut that evokes one of the most momentous events in history: the birth of printing in medieval Germany—a story of invention, intrigue, and betrayal...”

Would you like to get your hands on a copy of this before publication? It will come straight from the publisher in early September, so is UK only. 

To win? Simply visit http://www.gutenbergsapprentice.com/ and tell me (as a reply to this thread) which cover you prefer. Did the UK get the better one, or the US? Take a look around whilst you're there, there's some interesting information. 

I'm also going to run this on twitter, and combine entries. So you can do both, and get two entries.

Closing date midnight Sat 30th Aug 2014.

Definitely the UK edition for me. The image on the US one is very religious, which i can understand given it printed the bible but I think is also misleading.

I wish I could enter this one- this book sounds really cool!  I like the UK cover best too :smile:

I like the US version, it's like they've opened a portal above the city and are looking down on it . . .

Look, down there - boats!

I may have been watching a little too much Stargate recently . . .

Oh my word, they're both quite lovely.  But if I have to choose one...I believe the UK got the better cover.  I must say that website is mighty fine, too.

Congratulations YArules, I hope you hang around the forum and let us know what you think of the book (and other reads!). :smile:

Yay! thats great, thanks Michelle. And yes Chrissy I am happy to chat books with you all its my favourite subject.