Loom

Athena

I've seen this in lots of shops in my town recently, Loom. I got curious and watched a few YouTube videos on how it works. You have a mini loom and lots of small elastic rubber bands. You use the mini loom and the hmm little tool to make things like bracelets and other creative things. Apparently it was a big hit in the US and Australia last year (according to a Dutch site) and now it's big in the Netherlands too. I was wondering if anyone here knew about it? I love all the beautiful colours and things that could be made with it, but I'm too clumsy and impatient to do something like it myself (my hands don't work how I want them to with fine movements). So I decided to not buy anything from the shops, because it's probably not my thing. Has anyone here any experience with it? I'm mesmerised with all the pretty colours (the same could be said when said colours are of wool, yarn or anything like that.. I can't do any of it myself but it's pretty to look at).

Oh ya, my daughter and her 10 year old fried love them!  The 10 year old makes them herself, even doing a rainbow for my daughter (my daughters favorite color is "rainbow" :giggle2: )

My niece loves them too, they seem to be the new 'thing' at school.

Does anybody remember skoobies?

Oh ya, my daughter and her 10 year old fried love them!  The 10 year old makes them herself, even doing a rainbow for my daughter (my daughters favorite color is "rainbow" :giggle2: )

Aww that's so cute! :smile:

My two youngest are mad about  them at the moment . The good thing is that they're not an expensive pastime but annoying as i keep finding the bands all over the floor :smile:

My two youngest are mad about  them at the moment . The good thing is that they're not an expensive pastime but annoying as i keep finding the bands all over the floor :smile:

And there are only so many "oh thank you honey"'s before you tire, as everyone ends up getting about 10.