Underrated series

Rachel56789

So sorry if there's already a topic like this. But, I wanted to ask everyone on here, what are some book series that you enjoy, that others don't necessarily get excited over, or understand, but you happen to like them? In other words, discuss underrated book series in this thread. Talk about why you love them even if others don't. One underrated series that I love is the Redwall series by Brian Jacques.

Well the first series I can think of is the Corean Chronicles by L. E. Modesitt. Everyone that I have talked to have read his Recluce books.

I injoyed the Corean books so much, he sends such a powerful message in these books about how greed can and will lead you to a bad end as well as a few other issues.

The Green Rider series by Kristen Britain. These are great adventure/fantasy type books with lots of fighting and bad guys and evil creepycrawlys.

Some points I wanted to make on the Redwall series being underrated: A lot of people think they're childish simply because they focus on animals who talk. I was actually telling one of my friends about them on the way to a field trip and she just gave me a weird look. I understand that certain series aren't for everyone, but they're actually a lot more action packed than most people give them credit for. I just shrugged my shoulders when she did that. Won't stop me from liking it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I just like them because they're entertaining, with animals, and clean. Personally I think they're unique.

Edited by Rachel56789

A fantasy series that I'm always banging on about is four books written in the 1980's by Julian May. The first book is called "The many-colored land". I love those books

• 4 months later...

Love the Redwall series.  I find it to be clever, charming and endearing.

My favorite series ever that I think is completely underrated is the Thursday Next series  by Jasper Fforde.  I love it, love it, love it, but can never find anyone else to hash it over with.  (Yes, I just ended a sentence in two prepositions.  Yikes!)

I used to really love Faerie Wars and The Purple Emperor by Herbie Brennan (actually I think there might be more books in this series now, but this was all there was when I read them). I've only ever met one other person who's read, or even heard of it.

• 2 weeks later...