Kylie

Never Ending Song Titles - Part 8

The Cowboy Lives Forever - Dixie Chicks

Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys
Waylon ~ Jennings and Willie Nelson

Cowboys and Kisses - Anastasia

Posted (edited)

I Wanna Be a Cowboy's Sweetheart - Patsy Montana

(Patsy Montana was the first female Country singer to record a million seller with this song. She is in the Country Music Hall of Fame. I have 4 of her LP records that she autographed for me when I saw her perform many years ago at the famous Barns of Wolf Trap outside Washington, DC. She was in her late seventies at that time. Love her still.)

Patsy Montana - The She Buckaroo.JPG

Patsy Montana - Old Country Favorites.JPG

Edited by muggle not

Rhinestone Cowboy ~ Glen Campbell

(I suspect you have quite a few singers autographs, Muggle. I remember you saying Dave Matthews lived quite close to you at one time and you rode with a famous singer in a taxi, I think?? ... whose name escapes me :rolleyes:)

On 5/27/2022 at 5:53 AM, poppy said:

Rhinestone Cowboy ~ Glen Campbell

(I suspect you have quite a few singers autographs, Muggle. I remember you saying Dave Matthews lived quite close to you at one time and you rode with a famous singer in a taxi, I think?? ... whose name escapes me :rolleyes:)

Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys - Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson

it was a Limousine not a taxi :). And the singer was Faron Young. A few others that I have met or had some type contact with:

Roy Rogers - met him when I was a child and got his autograph.

Donna Fargo - Met her and got her autograph

Doc Watson - attended his 65th birthdaay party and sat about 15 feet from him while he and Jack Lawrence performed.

There are a few other when I get my mind working :) but the biggy was:

George Jones - spent a couple hours drinking beer with him at his table in a nightclub beer joint. This was back early in his career.

12 hours ago, muggle not said:

Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys - Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson

it was a Limousine not a taxi :). And the singer was Faron Young. A few others that I have met or had some type contact with:

Roy Rogers - met him when I was a child and got his autograph.

Donna Fargo - Met her and got her autograph

Doc Watson - attended his 65th birthdaay party and sat about 15 feet from him while he and Jack Lawrence performed.

There are a few other when I get my mind working :) but the biggy was:

George Jones - spent a couple hours drinking beer with him at his table in a nightclub beer joint. This was back early in his career.

Impressive list! :cool:

Billion Dollar Babies ~ Alice Cooper

For your Babies - Simply Red

There Goes My Baby - The Drifters

(George Jones - the Company I worked for opened a very small branch office in Beaumont, Texas and I was one of the persons that transferred there. We only had 6 people in the office including 1 secretary. The secretary's husband was a Disc-Jockey. When I stopped after work to get a beer he was at a table with George Jones and invited me over. George Jones was born and raised in a small town near Beaumont. Anyhow, that is how I got to drink some beer with probably the greatest Country Singer of all time) :)

My Baby Just Cares For Me ~ Nina Simone

On 06/06/2022 at 10:30 AM, muggle not said:

(George Jones - the Company I worked for opened a very small branch office in Beaumont, Texas and I was one of the persons that transferred there. We only had 6 people in the office including 1 secretary. The secretary's husband was a Disc-Jockey. When I stopped after work to get a beer he was at a table with George Jones and invited me over. George Jones was born and raised in a small town near Beaumont. Anyhow, that is how I got to drink some beer with probably the greatest Country Singer of all time) :)

Bet that made your day, Muggle! Did you ever see him again?

On 6/9/2022 at 6:38 PM, poppy said:

My Baby Just Cares For Me ~ Nina Simone

Bet that made your day, Muggle! Did you ever see him again?

There Goes My Baby — Enrique Iglesias

(Seen George Jones in concert one time, that's all.)

Posted (edited)

Baby,Now That I've Found You - The Foundations

Edited by timebug

Posted (edited)

Looking Back to See - Buck Owens & Susan Raye

(add to my list: Sonny Osborne of the Osborne Brothers -legendary duo in Bluegrass, Rocky Top probably their biggest hit. Seen them perform twice and the one performance I talked with Sonny at intermission when he was at the stand selling merchandise, I bought 2 of his CD's)

(some time I will tell you a story of one of my greatest music experiences, it is long and is 2 -3 stories in one, involves John Hartford, Arthur Smith, Max Woody, and the greatest collection of Bluegrass & Old Time Music in the world - County Sales Music)

Edited by muggle not

Holding Back the Years ~ Simply Red

(I was thinking of different Osborne brothers, Muggle. Kept thinking, they didn't sing bluegrass! :lol:)

Holding On for Life - Ellie Goulding

Edited by muggle not

The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia - Reba McEntire