Michelle

Kindle and ebooks deals

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: 42nd Anniversary Edition Kindle Edition

by Douglas Adams is 99p today.

The Mermaid of Black Conch by Monique Roffey (which won the Costa book of the year award last year) is 99p on kindle for the month. 

The Dancing Bear by Frances Flaviell, a Dean Press book,  is free on kindle today. 

The novel is set in Berlin post WW2 1946 to '49 and describes the various ways people coped and survived.

Thought it sounded interesting.

Free for Amazon prime members:

You Have Arrived At Your Destination by Amor Towles (53 page book)

Nature or nurture? Neither. Discover a bold new way to raise a child in this unsettling story of the near future by the New York Times bestselling author of A Gentleman in Moscow.

When Sam’s wife first tells him about Vitek, a twenty-first-century fertility lab, he sees it as the natural next step in trying to help their future child get a “leg up” in a competitive world. But the more Sam considers the lives that his child could lead, the more he begins to question his own relationships and the choices he has made in his life.

Amor Towles’s You Have Arrived at Your Destination is part of Forward, a collection of six stories of the near and far future from out-of-this-world authors. Each piece can be read or listened to in a single thought-provoking sitting.

There are a few books free for Prime members at the moment.

One I saw yesterday is the Arthur C. Clarke award winning Dark Eden, by Chris Beckett.  

I have the Dutch Amazon Prime, but I've never seen Amazon NL have a Kindle book free specifically for Prime Members. You Have Arrived At Your Destination is normally priced for me, shame as it sounds like a very interesting story! I think it's on my Kindle wishlist.

UK Kindle daily deals includes The Unwomanly Face of War (Penguin Modern Classics) by Svetlana Alexievich. An oral history of women in Europe & Russia in the World War 2. For 99p.

Edited by Marie H
Missed price