• Announcements

• Hayley

Downtime for Updates   01/26/2021

The forum is going to be offline while our new hosts backup and update the site. We'll be back soon and you can check our twitter (@bookclubforum) or the patreon page ( bookclubforum.co.uk is creating a book community | Patreon ) for updates.   See you all soon!  
Michelle

Kindle and ebooks deals

Amazon currently have a Black Friday Kindle deal where if you spend £10.00 you get a £3.00 kindle credit (runs until the 26th).

Thanks, I've got my £3.00 voucher now. :)

Just to let anyone that the credit will expire on 11:59 PM (GMT) on 26 December 2020. 

Never read them myself, but there is a stack of Terry Goodkind novels going for 99p today on the Kindle.

As is Dune, Frank Herbert's classic tale of sand and drugs.

All the kindle books in my Dark Moon Series are 0.99p on Amazon until 6th January 2021. All set in Kent and the Isle of Wight. The one set on the Isle of Wight was the winner in the Best Historical Fiction category in the Bards and Sages 2018 eFestival of Words. 

I wish you all a happy, healthy and safe new year and I hope you'll love every book you choose to read!

I don't know if this will be of interest to anyone, but there is a selection of Garth Nix books on Kindle for 99p today.

The excellent The Player of Games, by Iain M. Banks is 99p on Kindle today - well worth a read if you haven't done so already!

The Honourable Schoolboy, by John le Carré is 99p on the Kindle daily deal at present!

Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel is on the Amazon (UK) kindle daily deal at 99p today. 

What was lost in the collapse: almost everything, almost everyone, but there is still such beauty.

I can recommend this. The direction it takes was surprising at times, but it was a satisfying read. 

A Confederacy of Dunces is 99p in the Kindle daily deal today.

New month, so new list to look through later as well!

And yet more!

I, Claudius, by Robert Graves and The Corfu Trilogy by Gerald Durrell are both 99p on the Kindle today.

And if you don't have it, the Rivers of London short story collection Tales from the Folly is 99p all month.

Kindle UK has Kind Hearts and Coronets by Roy Horniman for 99p. I’ve watched the film before, and it’s an absolute classic, so I’ll try the book too.

Edited by Marie H
Typo

Hard Time by Jodi Taylor, the second book in her Time Police series, is currently available for 99p on kindle (UK) 

6 hours ago, Chrissy said:

Hard Time by Jodi Taylor, the second book in her Time Police series, is currently available for 99p on kindle (UK) 

That was listed as a "book for you", for me, today.  The auto-assign bot obviously hasn't read my review of Just One Damn Thing After Another, or perhaps it has and it is trying to wind me up...

Amazon have, what I would guess, is all of PD James novels on offer for 99p today (Kindle).

Also, A Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley - same price.

6 hours ago, Raven said:

That was listed as a "book for you", for me, today. 

Oh the irony....:D

The excellent, Flowers For Algernon is 99p on Kindle today.

Also, John Nichol's Lancaster (about the plane, not the city of house of) is 99p as well.

53 minutes ago, Raven said:

Also, John Nichol's Lancaster (about the plane, not the city of house of) is 99p as well.

Thanks for posting that, I wouldn’t have known otherwise and I’ve been thinking of buying it for a while.

5 hours ago, Brian. said:

Thanks for posting that, I wouldn’t have known otherwise and I’ve been thinking of buying it for a while.

No probs! 

I jumped at this, although I still have his Spitfire book still to read as well!

Bit late in the day to be posting this, but Rendezvous With Rama is 99p on the Kindle today. along with a several George Orwell novels (not sure what Amazon is trying to say about Valentines Day with that...).

For anyone who has never read it, The Catcher in the Rye is 99p on Kindle today.

The Man in the High Castle - Philip K. Dick - Kindle - 99p.