Sign in to follow this  
Michelle

Grimm Tales: For Young and Old by Philip Pullman

Looking forward to this one also.

I am a big fan of the Northern Lights trilogy and fairy tales are massive at the moment with the release of snow white and the huntsman, mirror mirror, and tv shows such as Grimm and Once Upon a time!

This looks so good! I love Philip Pullman, and I love the classic Grimm fairy tales. But I have so much to read at the moment I know I wouldn't get time :(

I will definitely be waiting to read your review though Michelle!

I love this book! It's a red hardback, with a lovely white and silver cover, and it has one of those little ribbon bookmarks attached. :) There's an introduction from Philip, and he's taken the original Grimm tales and made sure they are told in a simple, readable way. I haven't read any of the original Grimm stories, so it's really interesting to see the differences to the 'disneyfied' versions we're used to.

Michelle, I noticed that was available on Vine this week. I might be tempted if it's still available on the general newsletter.

I had a copy in my hand yesterday in Waterstones! Such a lovely cover.

I asked my hubby if he would get it for me for Christmas or at least tell other family members!

It would make a lovely pressie, just thinking about who I could also get it for!

I nearly bought it yesterday as both a big fan of Pullman and anything fairytale like....will get it eventually I expect

I'm definitely putting this book on my wishlist! I love the Grimm Tales; with Philip Pullman as the author it's like a 2 for 1 offer. I've read lots of books and literature inspired by the Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales and they always entertain me.

Woops.. the link didn't work.

Admin edit: Your link didn't work because it was removed. Could you please take note of your warning message, and read our guidelines.

Edited by Michelle