Thought I would say hi . . .

Spud

Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum and thought I would introduce myself. Female, mid 20's from London.

As you can probably guess I'm a complete bookworm (hopefully I'm in good company!). I also love talking about books which is how I ended up on this forum. I am yet to have a thorough look around but from what I have seen so far I think I will enjoy posting here.

If I had to pick a favoruite genre then I would say Fantasy. However I also love historic fiction and true english history.

So far I have only made a few small comments on some threads as I am trying to find the section of the boards where people talk in depth about particular books. All of the threads I have seen so far have been more about book recommendations and general observations and due to not knowing how to use the 'spoiler tags' I didnt want to say too much.

If anyone can point me in the direction of the threads I am after I would appreciate it!!

Thanks!

Hello Spud (love your user name!) and welcome to the forum. :smile:

If you like fantasy,then this bit of the forum should suit you, and just have a good old dig around and see if anything catches your eye, and if you don't see what you're looking for then maybe start your own thread. .

As a side note, type your spoiler, highlight it, then click the 3rd icon in from the left at the top of the reply box 'special BBcode'. In the drop down menu click 'spoiler'. That should do it!

Hi Spud! :welcome2:

For the discussion threads on individual books or authors, your best bet would be to look in the Library - Bookshelves section, and then in the specific genre you're interested. Most of the threads in this section are dedicated to specific books or authors. Additionally, you could try the Reading Circle section, where each month we pick a book to read as a group and discuss. These have much more structured Q&A discussion on the specific books, and there is quite a back catalogue now!

Chrissy & Chesilbeach thank you so much for responding. I will have a look at the areas you both suggest, I'm sure I will be able to find my way around in no time.

The reading circle sounds great. I have been wanting to join a reading group for a long time now but havent found any local to me.

Chrissy, thanks for your help with the spoiler tags, I couldnt find them anywhere!

Hello Spud and welcome to the forum. Everyone else has already answered the things you were wondering about, but there's something in your post that they missed :giggle: Yes, you are in good company on here! We're all book mad. You will also need to be warned that while on here, you will be bombarded by book recommendations and your mount To Be Read will most likely increase in size, sometimes quite considerably! :giggle: