Husbands by Adele Parks

Blossom

Husbands by Adele Parks was recommended to me by a friend, but I feel like I'm not getting absorbed by it, like I usually do with a good book.

I'm finding the Australian character unbelievable - it's as though Adele reseached Australian dialect and then threw some token Aussie sayings in here and there. I hate it when I don't feel as though the characters could be real. In addition, the main character comes across as self-centred and it is difficult to like her (despite the fact that you know she has had a hard upbringing).

I want to get to the end, but it is proving to be difficult - usually I read a book in a day or two. I've had this one on the go for several weeks...

I read this book a while ago, dont remember not enjoying it, but it does not stand out as a good book. I have just been on Amazon, and it looks like somebody else thought the people in the book were unlikeable.

Maybe give up and try some other time, you never know you may enjoy it then.

Is this the one where she remarries, but hasn't divorced her childhood sweetheart?

If so, I read it a few years ago lying next to the pool in Zante. I would say it was perfect as a 'fluffy' read, but it wasn't exceptional. From what I remember of it, it was a little predictable!

Of course, I could be thinking of entirely the wrong book! :D

That's the one.

I'm still plodding on with it, as I haven't got anything else to read at the moment, but can't say I'm particularly enjoying it.

I've read Adele Parks' books before sure I enjoyed them - perhaps it's just because I don't like the main character, and it's put a negative slant on the book! :D

Kerri

Finally made my way to the end of the book. I've come to the conclusion that it was my utter dislike for the main character which tainted the whole book for me. The thing is, I think you were supposed to warm to her as you read through the story, finding out more about her background - that just didn't happen.

Just glad I borrowed this book, rather than bought it. :)

Kerri