ian

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting news, though like Noll, I'd have to see it first to make a judgement on how good it is. I didn't really enjoy the last two seasons, don't remember most of that, nor did I enjoy the second film all that much. I've still yet to see all the episodes in the seasons I haven't yet seen, season 3 and 4 (though I think I watched a few of season 3). I bought the DVDs a while ago, and my boyfriend never having watched a whole lot of it we plan to go back and start from season 1 (I have seasons 1-8 on DVD, I couldn't be bothered much with season 9 so I didn't buy it).

I still haven't watched all of the last series, even though I have it on DVD (I seem to remember Duchovny left the series and it turned into Team X-Files).  Also, the last film was pretty poor as well.

If it is like the X-Files when the X-Files was good, it will be fine, but if it isn't . . .

I first saw the X-Files series and films sometimes as a kid. I remember one episode was a kind of paradigm, but I don't know if it was really the X-Files. It was about a genie that would conceed wishes, and when someone asked to make the world peaceful every human disappeared. Today it seems cheesy and basic, but for a kid it was thought-provoking. Apparently, this new series will be of six episodes, each one a "monster-of-the-week" type.

I really want to watch some X-Files now. I started back watching it last year and got side-tracked when I was on season 2 I think... must recap and start it up again.

I still remember when the beginning of the X-Files at 9pm heralded my bedtime :lol:

Me and the hubby enjoyed the series but we started midway in and didn't finish the entire series. Guess that would be a good series to watch over the dog day of summer. As much as I really enjoy certain shows, I'm not sure if bringing them back is always a good thing. Seems so forced sometimes. I loved "My Name is Earl" that is one show that didn't really "end." I think they could pick up where they left off.

I wish The Office was still on the air, but I also think that towards the end it was just headed towards nothing so they had to finish. I wish they would have had more seasons like seasons 2-5. Those are by far the best, funniets, and most emotionally rewarding. 

I think sometimes shows end up going too long and the bad ending leaves you feeling like you don't really like the show. So as much as I wish I could watch more of my favorite shows that are no longer on the air, I'm glad they stopped before my opinion of the show totally changed. The Office got pretty close in season 8 and One Tree Hill got close towards the end too. 

I was always too scared to watch the X-Files as a kid. I have all of the episodes to watch now, but I haven't started yet. I did see one of the movies at the cinema with a friend (I knew the basic plot of the series, so I was able to follow along). Looks like I'd better get a move on!

Not sure I like the idea of six "Monster of the Week" episodes, I would have hopped it would be a linked mini-series telling one story.

I would have hoped that too to be honest, that would have been my preference.