What TV series would you bring back?

ian

Somebody has almost certainly mentioned this one before: FIREFLY!

Another promising young life cruelly cut short by TV executives

Definitely. It's #1 on my list of shows that should not have been cancelled when they were!

I'm another Northern Exposure fan, it was a great series.

Me too - loved that show - it was just so quirky! :)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would love to have these brought back...

The Waltons

Mash (an old favorite)

Bewitched (I know it's old, but it's fun)

Star Trek, deep space nine

Sisters

Without question, I would bring back "Northern Exposure". However, I believe it was a show where the specific actors/actresses are a necessity to make the show as great as it was.

LOL, most of you are probably too young to have watched Northern Exposure.

I watched it when I had a broken leg err...4...years ago. (When I joinned the forum actually) My Mum's friend lent me her box sets. I really enjoyed it.

Gilmore Girls

That 70s Show

Scrubs

Firefly

Roswell

I agree with Gilmore Girls, although it ended at an appropriate place I think.

I used to love Scrubs but they kept i going when it stopped being so good, so don't really agree with that one.

For me I'd love to see Heroes as it was meant to be. They stopped it early because of the recession, and they did wrap it up bt as they'd had several series planned there were quite a few questions which were never answered.

Trauma was promising. Would like Mad about you to return as well, cause I think it would work 2013.

Shows like Seinfeld, Twin Peaks, Fawlty towers, Father Ted, Soap, Allo allo, That 70s show etc etc would probably not be a good idea to bring back, because I doubt a continuation would be as terrific as the original.

• 2 weeks later...

I really miss Desperate Housewives.  I started watching it when I was ill once and I was hooked immediately.  It turned out to be nothing like I thought it was going to be from the adverts.  (Same thing with Greys Anatomy really). 

I would love to see Spaced, Dead Like Me and Sex in the City back again as well!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching Lovejoy again, I like the way he breaks the wall and talks to the camera. Dexter's voiceover is a similar idea.

I really miss Desperate Housewives.  I started watching it when I was ill once and I was hooked immediately.  It turned out to be nothing like I thought it was going to be from the adverts.  (Same thing with Greys Anatomy really). 

I would love to see Spaced, Dead Like Me and Sex in the City back again as well!

Oh, how much would I LOVE Dead Like Me to come back?! I loved the dark humour in it and the cast were fab together. I also enjoyed Desperate Housewives, but I think it had pretty much run its course.

• 4 months later...

Anyone remember Stella Street? It only ran for a few series [3 I think] each episode on for about ten minutes, late at night about

13 years ago.The idea was that well known actors lived on one street in London, Mick and Keith ran the corner shop[as in Mick Jagger and Keith Richards] Jack Nicholson,  Roger Moore,Joe Pesci, Al Pacino etc. All the parts played by just two people, John Sessions and can't remember the other one.Brilliant, and so funny.I have them all on dvd.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Farscape and Firefly. Neither should have been cancelled in the first place!

It looks like Farscape may well be on the way back, as there's a script in development for a movie, to be directed by Brian Henson :smile:

More here and here - beware spoilers for the end of the original series, though.

As much as I liked Farscape, part of me thinks it's done and dusted now and should be left alone. 

But then I read something like that and I think, movie budget . . . Hmm . . . Could be good . . .

They would have to get Browder and Black back, though.  And Edgley and Pygram.  Just sayin'.

• 5 months later...