What TV series would you bring back?

ian

Defying Gravity and Rubicon - both cut off too early in my opinion!

And forgot to say YES I remember Tales of the Gold Monkey! I LOVED that series :)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I liked Defying Gravity as well.

Unfortunately, I think you and me were the only two people in the world watching it !

I liked Defying Gravity as well.

Unfortunately, I think you and me were the only two people in the world watching it !

I believe there's a conspiracy theory behind it's demise :( Shame - I thought it was excellent....

• 2 weeks later...

Thick of it....I keep hearing there's another series in the pipeline, but quite how they'll manage it with the change to the Coalition is anybody guess. Malcolm Tucker on the sidelines.....Noooooooooo!

Auf Weidersehen Pet is also due a comeback.

Oooh and the Wombles and Bagpuss and Trapdoor and The Magic Roundabout.

• 1 month later...

Auf Weidersehen Pet is also due a comeback.

I loved that show!

On my wishlist would be...

The Pretender - The last movie 'Island of the Haunted' did nothing other than raise more (so far unanswered) questions. Gah!

China Beach

Deadwood

FIREFLY - please, please, please!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Truth be told there aren't many series that I'd like to see come back because I think most have had their time and place.  A number of the shows mentioned here that I really liked, Spaced, Farscape, Northern Exposure and Firefly I just can't see working now.  As much as I like the characters and/or the settings, I think time has moved on.

There are a few exceptions though; I can see a new version of The West Wing working well in a few years (they could bring it back with Sam or Josh running for President, for example).  

An updated version of Blake's 7, alá Battlestar Galactica, could work very well too.

The one show I would really like to see return though is Star Trek.

I would love to have Charmed back. I used to love that. They've got them on repeat but sometimes watching the same programme over and over can be quite tedious. I also wouldn't mind having Friends back. Also, Will & Grace was quite good. :D

• 1 month later...

Oh I would LOVE Blake's 7 to come back :) They did start to repeat it on BBC2 about 10 years ago but then stopped without going through the whole series I seem to remember. I'd love to watch either repeats or a remake, or preferably both :D

You wish is granted!  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22079232

Woot!

The down side being that it's being made in the US by the guy who is responsible for Heroes series 2-4 . . .

I actually liked Heroes and was disappointed when it ended (tho series 4 was a bit poo)

I doubt remade Blake's 7 will have the charm of the original though.

I would still say that the original series of Heroes was one of the best individual series of any TV program I have seen, but a writers strike they had in the US derailed the second series and then it just lost the plot (characters were introduced and then disappeared with no explanation, people got new powers or lost their existing ones).  It just became a bit of a mess. 

The chap that was in charge for this part of the shows run is the one now heading up Blake's 7, hopefully starting with a clean slate will mean a smoother ride!

FRIENDS !!! It really was and still is my favourite tv show of all time!
If I had a crappy week all I had to do was tune into a episode and within 5 minutes
I would be laughing and smiling again :giggle2:

Really wish they would bring back the cast for one more season, or for a movie even!
That would be so awesome!

'Six Feet Under' for me. While it had made its peace with all prior to its passing....... :)

Six Feet Under had the best last episode of any show that I have seen.

I  would like to see four shows brought back, but with the same actors/actresses and at the same age. :)

1. Northern Exposure (may be my all time favorite show)

2. Mash

3. Cheers

4. Gunsmoke

Edited by muggle not

I'm another Northern Exposure fan, it was a great series.

My other repeats are all oldies too, and comedies. Like Muggle I'd want the same actors at the same ages.

Dad's Army

'Allo 'Allo

Are You Being Served

Open All Hours

Blackadder

Fawlty Towers

Keeping Up Appearances

The Vicar of Dibley