What TV series would you bring back?

ian

I'm currently reading a whole stack of tie-in novels for the TV series Quantum Leap. It got me thinking that this was a series that I really enjoyed at the time (looks a bit dated now though, when I've seen repeats). It's the kind of programme that I would love to see revived in some way.

I'd also like (being a bit of a sci-fi geek) to see Blakes 7 remade.

Ignoring the fact that sometimes programmes ARE remade and are complete flops (The Prisoner anyone?) which TV series would you like to brought back?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh I would LOVE Blake's 7 to come back :) They did start to repeat it on BBC2 about 10 years ago but then stopped without going through the whole series I seem to remember. I'd love to watch either repeats or a remake, or preferably both :D

ER, I've just finished watching the whole series on Sky Atlantic HD, it was so so so good... (and so much eye candy!) :P

Friends, I want to know how they're all doing 8 years after the series ended.. My kids love watching the shows now so a new series would be great for us to all watch together! :smile:

Jericho

Such a really great show ,lots of wonderful characters . Someone for every type and age . Not sure if anyone over your way is familiar with it, but it was on a few years back for one season .The tv station (CBS) was planning on cancelling it ,but got so many fan letters and emails that they brought it back for a season 2, although a little shorter than season 1 .

I have them all on dvd and have worn them out watching them. Would LOVE to see it brought back. It sorta left everyone dangling as to what would have happened next. I hate when shows or books do that and you are forever left dangling ,having to make up the end in your head .

They did do a really good updated version on the radio recently not the same but it was good.

Agree with Karsa, Farscape fantastic series.

American Gothic loved it I am sure there were others that I really enjoyed will have to go away and think about it, mostly it was sci fi though that I loved.

American Gothic loved it I am sure there were others that I really enjoyed will have to go away and think about it, mostly it was sci fi though that I loved.

Oh yeah, American Gothic was getting really good when it got cancelled!

Anyone remember Tales of the Gold Monkey??

Homicide: Life on the Streets, and The Wire. Or maybe not. Those shows were perfection, so maybe they should be left that way!

I agree, The Wire especially is perfect.

Shame Deadwood got cancelled, though.

Homicide: Life on the Streets, and The Wire. Or maybe not. Those shows were perfection, so maybe they should be left that way!

Twin Peaks?

Have to agree Ruth. All the best series are stopped at exactly the right point. The Wire, The Sopranos. Re: Twin Peaks, thats another that was of a certain era and should never be attempted again in my opinion, even though it was brilliant. I can't think of any drama series I would like to see brought back but I would like to see more qaulity drama on television as oppossed to the brand of I'm a Celebrity-Materchef-Big Brother-Relocation-X Factor garbage that is on every hour of every day on every channel.

Rant Over! :smile:

Edited by Milo MInderbinder

Strange ~ It starred Richard Coyle (Jeff in 'Coupling' & Moist Van Lipwig in 'Going Postal') and Samantha Womack, it was about a defrocked priest who becomes a demon hunter, it was really good but unfortunately only lasted one series.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0313652/

Farscape and Firefly. Neither should have been cancelled in the first place!

Strange ~ It starred Richard Coyle (Jeff in 'Coupling' & Moist Van Lipwig in 'Going Postal') and Samantha Womack, it was about a defrocked priest who becomes a demon hunter, it was really good but unfortunately only lasted one series.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0313652/

I loved these shows! Bring them all back, please!

Along with:

I loved all these shows and al leither got cancelled early or came to the end of their run when I wanted more!

Without question, I would bring back "Northern Exposure". However, I believe it was a show where the specific actors/actresses are a necessity to make the show as great as it was.

LOL, most of you are probably too young to have watched Northern Exposure.

Without question, I would bring back "Northern Exposure". However, I believe it was a show where the specific actors/actresses are a necessity to make the show as great as it was.

I remember it very well, although I never saw it to the end of its run as I was 15 when it started and it was on in the middle of the night half the time - LOL! I taped the entire first season and, I think the second season too, so I could watch it over and over as I loved it so much. By season 3 I was deep in exams and season 5 I was off to college and didn't have time for TV. :(

I had rather a big crush on Joel Fleischman (played by Rob Morrow).

Have to agree Ruth. All the best series are stopped at exactly the right point. The Wire, The Sopranos. Re: Twin Peaks, thats another that was of a certain era and should never be attempted again in my opinion, even though it was brilliant. I can't think of any drama series I would like to see brought back but I would like to see more qaulity drama on television as oppossed to the brand of I'm a Celebrity-Materchef-Big Brother-Relocation-X Factor garbage that is on every hour of every day on every channel.

Rant Over! :smile:

All these ridiculous 'reality' shows drive me crazy. Well, not that I ever watch them, but they are on ALL THE TIME! At least that's how it seems, and the papers are obsessed with them too. I miss Twin Peaks, but you're right - it was of its time, and an attempt to bring it back could be disastrous.

I loved these shows! Bring them all back, please!

Along with:

I loved all these shows and al leither got cancelled early or came to the end of their run when I wanted more!

I loved Boomtown. It was an original and intelligent police drama. I think there were about 5 episodes of a second season, but they dropped the multi-viewpoint aspect of it, so it wasn't quite the same.

The West Wing - now there was a show where the quality never dipped.:) Quite rare these days. Studio 60 was good too.

I think it's quite hard for shows to survive, especially shows from the US, where the market is saturated. Unfortunately that means that a lot of excellent shows never get past a first season.

I'm not too young! I was never an avid viewer, but I liked it when it was on. In fact, I think the first three seasons are in the house somewhere - will have to search them out.

There was a fairly recent show called Bored To Death, about a crime writer who masquerades as a private detective (sounds like Castle, but it was nothing like that). It was very very funny indeed, but after three seasons (short seasons of about 7 episodes each), it was cancelled, which is a shame.

Arrested Development was another terrific show. I think there's going to be a movie of that, which I'll watch, but I just hope that it isn't a let down.

A lot of the shows which I've loved, I would enjoy seeing back on the screens, but when a show is just brilliant, sometimes it can be impossible to recapture that brilliance.

Oh yes, Boomtown was very good. Kind of like Kurosawa's Rashomon for tv :smile:

Another one that springs to mind is Bochco's Brooklyn South, which I was really getting into when it was cancelled. I think Hill Street Blues and NYPD Blue, much as I loved both of them, each ran their course, but Brooklyn South had great potential, imo.

Oh, and I forgot, for me, one of the most obvious ones - HBO's Rome. Loved it.

Unfortunately I am old enough - I wanted to live there. I also think its a show that could come back with new charaters but with the same feeling to it.

I would bring back My So Called Life it had Claire Danes in it I think it only ran for one season and I always missed the first 5 minutes as it was on when I got in from College and I waited for re-runs so I could record it and watch all those 5 minutes I had missed, I never did see it again.

Brilliant choice!

Farscape and Firefly. Neither should have been cancelled in the first place!

Definitely these two, and I share your viewpoint entirely.

Fantastic series. Seriously warped at times.

Love, LOve, LOVe, LOVE Northern Exposure. Great choice.

Due South I caught some repeats on tv a few months ago when I was of sick, I loved that programme.

Another good one Pickle.

I'd like to also see an updated version of 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?' with a new generation of comedians. It would show us their comedic skills within a specific format and I think could be really good.