ian

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Not so much bring back as finish, Stargate Universe. My fav Stargate sort of, but just when it got exciting, on the brink of huge discoveries, it was cancelled! I liked the scape of things, travelling between galaxies, millions of lightyears from earth..

Edited by Felidae

Joan of Arcadia! No idea if I've posted in this thread before, but there you go.

I loved that too! No one else seems to have heard of it :-(

Also....

Dead Like Me

American Gothic

Studio 60....

West Wing

Newsroom

Northern Exposure

Not sounding very british am I? How about:

Hamish Macbeth

Chandler & Co

Yeah Joan of Arcadia went under everyone's radar. It aired when I was a teenager, and I got roped in coz I happened to see an advert for it... what was that channel it was on, UK Living? Anyway, anything fictional featuring God or anything biblical and I'm sold (that's also how I got into Supernatural), so I tried it, and I watched it... er, religiously. :P Brilliant show.

Not so much bring back as finish, Stargate Universe. My fav Stargate sort of, but just when it got exciting, on the brink of huge discoveries, it was cancelled! I liked the scape of things, travelling between galaxies, millions of lightyears from earth..

I would've liked to see more of that too, as there were plenty of storylines not finished. I don't know if I could pick a favourite StarGate series, as I liked all three of them in different ways.

I watched a few episodes or so of Joan of Arcadia and enjoyed it.

Ravenwood, I was gutted when they ended The Newsroom. Such a brilliant show! (And we had to wait soooo long for that last, short season!)

I would've liked to see more of that too, as there were plenty of storylines not finished. I don't know if I could pick a favourite StarGate series, as I liked all three of them in different ways.

The original Stargate I like a lot, Atlantis never pulled me in.... and Universe... well, while SGU is to SG1 as Enterprise is to The Next Generation (read as, a drama-based 'alternative' shadow of its ancestor).... SGU did pull me in. Largely with Robert Carlyle, I'll admit, but yeah. I'd like to find out how it all ended. I did really enjoy it.

The original Stargate I like a lot, Atlantis never pulled me in.... and Universe... well, while SGU is to SG1 as Enterprise is to The Next Generation (read as, a drama-based 'alternative' shadow of its ancestor).... SGU did pull me in. Largely with Robert Carlyle, I'll admit, but yeah. I'd like to find out how it all ended. I did really enjoy it.

That is true, it is more drama-y. I've not seen much of TNG, yet, we were waiting for the new releases to come out and be cheaper, but I have watched all Enterprise episodes which I quite enjoyed.

I liked Robert Carlyle in it! I've not seen him in anything else I believe (apparently he was in Eragon.. which I have seen some years ago so..), but I thought he did a great job in SGU.

That is true, it is more drama-y. I've not seen much of TNG, yet, we were waiting for the new releases to come out and be cheaper, but I have watched all Enterprise episodes which I quite enjoyed.

I liked Robert Carlyle in it! I've not seen him in anything else I believe (apparently he was in Eragon.. which I have seen some years ago so..), but I thought he did a great job in SGU.

He does a lot of small films, some of which are actually quite good. He's also Rumplestiltskin in Once Upon A Time, which he does fantastically. (In the first season, anyway, I stopped watching after that coz I felt the whole thing went downhill.)

It would be interesting if they brought it back, whether it'll be good though I don't know. I enjoyed the earlier seasons but the last season (9), without Mulder and Scully, I didn't enjoy that. I don't think I watched it all the way through, even. I liked the first film but the second one wasn't that great in my opinion :shrug:. Still, I'd be willing to give it a chance if they do bring it back.

He does a lot of small films, some of which are actually quite good. He's also Rumplestiltskin in Once Upon A Time, which he does fantastically. (In the first season, anyway, I stopped watching after that coz I felt the whole thing went downhill.)

That's good to know! I might have to look him up..

I'm not sure how well a new X-Files series would work, part of me thinks "Great!" but another part remembers the last film . . .

Atlantis is my favourite flavour of Stargate, mainly due to the brilliant performances of David Hewlett.  It's a pity they never went ahead with the planned TV movies, but I would have preferred for it to continue for another season or two.

I'm nearly at the end of The West Wing, for the third time; I think it would be a good series to do a new version of now, using current world events to shape it, but it would have to be largely with new characters - you couldn't bring back CJ, Toby, Josh, Donna, Charlie et all.  Sam for president?

Athena, Robert Carlyle is in Once Upon a Time.*

*ETA: Noll beat me to it; that's what happens when you take an hour to type a reply!

Edited by Raven

I'm nearly at the end of The West Wing, for the third time; I think it would be a good series to do a new version of now, using current world events to shape it, but it would have to be largely with new characters - you couldn't bring back CJ, Toby, Josh, Donna, Charlie et all.  Sam for president?

I've recently seen a really good danish series called "Borgen" and in the trailer a quote mentions it's a mix of "The Killing" with "The West Wing"; but I've never seen the latter, so I don't know.

Atlantis is my favourite flavour of Stargate, mainly due to the brilliant performances of David Hewlett.  It's a pity they never went ahead with the planned TV movies, but I would have preferred for it to continue for another season or two.

Athena, Robert Carlyle is in Once Upon a Time.*

*ETA: Noll beat me to it; that's what happens when you take an hour to type a reply!

I really like David Hewlett too! I think he does a great job in the series.

I haven't seen Once Upon a Time, I'm not sure if I've even heard of it before reading Noll's and your posts :blush2:.

I like all three Stargates, but Atlantis least of all, felt too comical, or attempt at anyway. Too many annoying characters. However, I'd love to have a look around that city myself. ;)

But I loved Enterprise as well, all new Star Treks (Deep Space nine a little less) but Enterprise is my fav, TNG a good second.

But SGU.. <3 And yes, Robert Carlyle was a definite plus, unlikeable as his character can be at times, he's always a plus.

The last episode of QL was so sad :(

Yeah, I was quite shocked by the ending of QL  :o , I thought it was too....cruel, for me. I really wanted a happy ending for Sam :cray:. I saw Scott Bakula was in a BBC4 programme about science fiction recently, and I thought "Hey, you are still looking good  :kiss: , so maybe they could do another series of QL?". Unlikely, I know.... 

Yeah, I was quite shocked by the ending of QL  :o , I thought it was too....cruel, for me. I really wanted a happy ending for Sam :cray:. I saw Scott Bakula was in a BBC4 programme about science fiction recently, and I thought "Hey, you are still looking good  :kiss: , so maybe they could do another series of QL?". Unlikely, I know.... 

:lol: :lol: A similar thing happened a few months ago when there was an ad for the TV show NCIS: New Orleans. I don't like the original version so didn't pay attention to the ad, but then they said the two magic words: Scott Bakula! :giggle: :giggle: :blush: Have you checked the series out? 

:lol: :lol: A similar thing happened a few months ago when there was an ad for the TV show NCIS: New Orleans. I don't like the original version so didn't pay attention to the ad, but then they said the two magic words: Scott Bakula! :giggle: :giggle: :blush: Have you checked the series out? 

Ooooh no, I haven't see this NCIS: New Orleans; and I don't like the original version (only saw a couple of episodes, and they were...meh) I will have to remember about the New Orleans version. Thanks!