Abby's Reading 2012

AbielleRose

I wasn't going to do this, but that sneaky, sneaky forum owner who's name should remain anonymous *cough* Michelle *cough* forced me to go book shopping today. By forced I mean she totally, against my will, made me buy new books.

*offers Michelle chocolates and huggles* :D

Seriously, though. It's time I focus on reading more, whether that naggy voice in the back of my head gets after me with lists of other things I *should* be doing or not. There's always enough time to go around. I need to learn to fall in love with reading again and make THAT a priority. I need to change that voice so that when I'm watching tv or doing something else the little voice will get after me and make me feel guilty for not using that time to read.

Since this is a bit spontaneous, I don't have a list of books prepared so I'll just start off with the ones I bought today:

The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey

Paranormalcy and Supernaturally by Kiersten White

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

It's part of my job description, to force people into buying books - and it's so I don't feel alone when I do it! :giggle:

The Snow Child is a gentle book which is easy to read, so I hope you get on ok with it. I'm also going to recommend the book I'm reading at the moment - I haven't finished it yet, so I'm not sure how it's going to end, but I'm certainly having trouble putting it down! It's Mortal Chaos by Matt Dickinson. :D

It's part of my job description, to force people into buying books

Sorry, that made me laugh :lol:

Seriously, though. It's time I focus on reading more, whether that naggy voice in the back of my head gets after me with lists of other things I *should* be doing or not. There's always enough time to go around. I need to learn to fall in love with reading again and make THAT a priority. I need to change that voice so that when I'm watching tv or doing something else the little voice will get after me and make me feel guilty for not using that time to read.

I understand this feeling completely! Up until 3 or 4 years ago I wasn't using my spare time to read much at all - since then it's become pretty much all I do!

Happy reading Abby :smile: