Please help me to find a book, unable to remember title or author

Hi all !

Would be really nice if anybody could help me out on this one.

I read a book years ago and now can't remember title or author

Story...

Three men living in New York, all going to after treatment on mental hospital.

First suffers from that he all of a sudden forgetts what he is doing

Second one is actually three persons. Himself, Marilyn Monroe and I think James Dean

Third character always think he got his mom with him

Then one day driving back home from this post treatment they hit one of them enormous pot holes in New York and the car is destroyed

And the the start a fight to get money back from the city of New York

Please if I could have the title and author I would become a happy man again

Regards

This sounds similar?..The Rebel, Jack Dann ...

"In The Rebel, Jack Dann asks: What if James Dean hadn't died in that car crash? What would his life have been like? How would he have affected others? How would he have changed history? It doesn't seem, at face value, a particularly prepossessing premise for a novel. At least it didn't for me when I first picked it up to read. I had little knowledge of, or interest in, any of the central characters: James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley, Colonel Parker, Bobby Kennedy, et al. But Dann is a consummate writer. Have faith in his abilities, and more often than not you’ll be rewarded. And that's certainly the case with The Rebel.

At first, the James Dean that Dann shows us in The Rebel is the James Dean we are familiar with — rebellious and insouciant:

He flicked his half-finished cigarette in a high arc across the room and wondered if it would start a fire. If it did, he would sit right where he was like a fudgeing Buddha and die without moving a muscle.

If it didn't, he would race on Monday.

But then, of course, he has his accident and survives. During the accident, he has a vision of his dead mother, who tells him to “do something wonderful and important” with his life. And it seems, for a while, like he's trying to do just that, like he's trying to become a better person. But people don't change overnight, accident or no, and it quickly becomes clear that he's still just the same self-centred, drug-addled SOB he was before the accident. Of course, he does change, eventually, over the course of the novel. He grows older, becomes more mature, more thoughtful, more responsible — but these are changes rendered by the passage of time and the accumulation of experience, not by his accident."

Thanks for the reply

Well I guess it wasnt really what I was looking for but might be an idea to read The Rebel

I thought I struck gold yesterday, when googling around I found A Conspiracy of Idiots but nope not even this is the book

Starting to think I never read that book just something I been dreaming about.......after all my search I still havent found that book

I will never give up finding my book and read it again