books that are made in to films

• 1 month later...

Hi! Not sure if you're interested or not, but this site has a lot of book to movie adaptations. It covers books mainly in the Young Adult (YA) genre but I wouldn't let that stop you. There are amazing YA books out there. Next week, the 23rd, The Hunger Games is getting ready to hit theaters and the 3-book series is fantastic! Enjoy! :smile:

http://pagetopremiere.com/

Loni Flowers

Edited by Michelle

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter are the most obvious choices here. Though "The Eagle of the Ninth" by Rosemary Sutcliff has, to my surprise, been made into a movie though the movie is only called "The Eagle". "Tinker Taler Soldier Spy" by John La Carre has now a movie and so does "Never Led Me Go" by Kazou Ishiguro. (The last two are on my wishlist) I'm pretty sure that even the big hit "War Horse" has its roots in a book and so has "How To Train Your Dragon". Now I think about it, almost all big films of the last 10 years or so have been based or flat out adapted from books and/or comicbooks. Did you know that the storyline of "Inception" came originally from a Donald Duck story? The bad guys try to steal the old rich guys dreamed secrets by planting an idea in his head.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...