Jim Butcher - The Dresden Files

Kell

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I noticed that Pick TV (Freeview channel 11, Sky channel 152) started showing the short-lived tv series of The Dresden Files last night.  It bears about as much resemblance to the books as Tom Cruise does to Jack Reacher, but it's not bad.  The first episode is repeated this coming Sunday, 22nd September.

I loved Dresden Files, but for the love of it, I could not finish Changes. I'm not sure why. Some of the plot was pretty darn random, but that was not it.

Might be the fact that my friend couldn't stop hinting around without actually spoilering me.

• 6 months later...

Jim Butcher's working on a new Steampunk series called 'The Cinder Spires'.  The first book is called The Aeronaut's Windlass and is due around August, apparently.

According to Goodreads:

The Cinder Spires is set in a world “of black spires that tower for miles over a mist-shrouded surface” and follows a war between two of the Spires: Spire Albion and Spire Aurora.

It’s League of Extraordinary Gentlemen meets Sherlock meets Hornblower. There are goggles and airships and steam power and bizarre crystal technology and talking cats, who are horrid little bullies